Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

The GIJoe Trivia Game: Because knowing is half the battle!

This is similar to the SW Film Trivia Game I started in Classic Trilogy. I'm going to throw out five questions, and if you answer one correctly, you ask a question to replace it. These questions can be related to any aspect of GIJoe, but please be sure that if it's a story-related question that you specify comics or cartoons, because they tend to differ widely (such as Cobra Commander: 1,000 year-old snakeman or disgruntled used car salesman?).

1) (Comics) Which high-ranking Cobra has a biological son or daughter on the GIJoe team, and what is the name of his (or her) kid?

2) (Cartoons) Who or what was Cold Slither?

3) (Toys) The VAMP Mark II and Cobra Stinger both featured drivers who were repaints of earlier characters. Who were they?

4) (Comics/Toys) Who is the only character created for the current (Devil's Due) comic to be made into an action figure?

5) (Toys) Stephen King and his son created a character in the 1980s, and King wrote his/her/it file card. What is the character's name?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: The GIJoe Trivia Game: Because knowing is half the battle!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    2) (Cartoons) Who or what was Cold Slither?
    Perhaps the greatest rock band ever?

Cold Slither was a band created by Cobra that used hypnotic music to control the audience. The band Cold Slither was made up the Dreadnoks I believe.

Of course once Joe kicked their butts and realized that they had stadium full of people expecting a concert and no band, GI Joe stepped up to the plate and delivered one heck of a concert themselves. Honestly bring back Cold Slither, Joe sucks.

QUESTION: (Cartoons) What GI Joe character made an appearance on another 1980's cartoon? What show and what his/her screen name on that show?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Cobra Commander appeared, sans costume, in one of the post-movie episodes of Transformers. He trapped several Autobots in synthoid human bodies. I believe his name was "Old Hiss" or "Old Snake" or "Great Snake" or something. It's supposed to be subtle up until the "surprise" battle cry of "Cobraaaa!" in the end, but it's really painfully obvious who he is supposed to be.

Ees thees correct? I'll hold off on posting a follow-up until I get your confirmation if that's enough info since I'm not sure about the name.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Your right El Chuxter. I believe CC's Tranformer name was just Snake.

I haven't seen the episode probably since I was a kid. I wonder if there were any scenes with dialog between CC and Starscream. For some reason I never put together that they were the same actor until I was much older.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

There was no dialogue between Cobra Commander and Starscream. The episode with Cobra Commander was after Transformers the movie, so Starscream was already blown up by Galvatron.

Okay, follow-up question:

(Cartoon) Who was the only GIJoe team member to be seen breakdancing, when undercover as a Cobra agent?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

1) (Comics) Which high-ranking Cobra has a biological son or daughter on the GIJoe team, and what is the name of his (or her) kid?

Billy was Cobra Commander's son, though I did not remember Billy ever being an official member of the Joe team. I thought he was just on the outskirts with Storm Shadow. Is the answer Billy and was Billy ever an official member of the Joe team?

5) (Toys) Stephen King and his son created a character in the 1980s, and King wrote his/her/it file card. What is the character's name?

That would be Crystal Ball.

(Comics) Who killed the Hard Master?

3) (Toys) The VAMP Mark II and Cobra Stinger both featured drivers who were repaints of earlier characters. Who were they?

Answer:
    Cobra Stinger Driver was a repainted Cobra Officer. I always liked the gray better than the blue and it gave them a distinction.
    Vamp Mark II was a repainted Clutch who was the Vamp I driver

Question:
    (Toys) What were the codenames for the following?
    Cobra Water Moccasin driver
    GiJoe Skystriker pilot
    Cobra Rattler pilot
    GiJoe Mobat driver

Question:
    (Toys) What were the codenames for the following?
    Cobra Water Moccasin driver

COPPERHEAD

GiJoe Skystriker pilot

ACE

Cobra Rattler pilot

WILD WEASEL

GiJoe Mobat driver

DON'T KNOW

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Okay, follow-up question:

(Cartoon) Who was the only GIJoe team member to be seen breakdancing, when undercover as a Cobra agent?
    Pretty sure it was Snake-Eyes breakdancing (and that Shipwreck was there). Was this during the Pyramid of Darkness miniseries?

My question: (Cartoon) Which Joe chose to stay forever in a parallel universe and to date the Baroness?