Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allegiance

Wow, an EU novel I might consider reading.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

That actually does sound interesting. I wonder if he's going to touch on that Bounty Hunter on Ord Mantell that we've been hearing about since 1980?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    That actually does sound interesting. I wonder if he's going to touch on that Bounty Hunter on Ord Mantell that we've been hearing about since 1980?
    Actually, if you believe that the SW newspaper strip as canon, the bounty hunter is named Skorr; he has a cyborg head and eye and uses a gun (surprise! ) as his weapon.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Just read this on the amazon.com order page:

Emperor Palpatine's favorite Sith, Darth Vader, has a new rival, the 18-year-old Countess Mara Jade Claria, whom Palpatine has schooled in the Force to assume the special agent role of "Emperor's Hand."
    Wha-wha-WHAT? Mara has an additional last name and a title? What have we missed?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Absolutely nothing of interest or value. *ducks and runs for cover*
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Actually, if you believe that the SW newspaper strip as canon, the bounty hunter is named Skorr; he has a cyborg head and eye and uses a gun (surprise! ) as his weapon.
    Or if you have the old record "Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell". It was equally entertaining, but not a cyborg but an insectoid always born in pairs, except "GASP, the good insect was killed by his evil twin who's an agent of the Empire!". The most amusing and SW feel is the introduction inwhich Han and Luke are stuck scouting jungle planets in X-Wings to throw Empire off the Hoth tail.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Since this book's now out and some are reading it, time to bump this thread up to current.

BTW, not to be a spoiler-er, but I think that Mara's name might be an alias on one of her assignments. So far, the book has involved at various times Palpatine, Mara, Vader, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie (interesting that I recall no Threepio or R2 so far), Ozzel, Tarkin, and Wicket (j/k on that last one ). The plot takes place after ANH ends, but before ESB and Hoth.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I don't know why Zahn decided to call the renegade troopers The Hand Justice, or Judgement, or whatever... The A Team would've sufficed.

Haven't read about Tarkin yet... Is that a mistake? Aren't his atoms floating around Yavin?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

it was a quick read. nothing totally spectacular, but better than a lot of EU. since it's set between movies can't really deviate much from canon (which is great for EU).