Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hasbro's Weekly Q&A - June 16th

Hasbro steps up to the plate again with another week of a mental game of Battleship - it's time for Hasbro answers to SSG's questions for June 16th, 2006.

Thanks again to all the folks who sent in questions and the handful that actually voted last week. Let's get to Hasbro's answers, and remember to check out ActionFigs.com for their weekly Hasbro Q&A as well.

Hasbro Q&A for the week of June 16th

Q: What are the chances of seeing Vintage-Style figures for prequels characters?

A: Right now, there are a lot of OTC characters yet to be done in Vintage. In the future, if the series continues, we'll look at doing prequel figures in Vintage style after we have covered off more of the key vintage Kenner figures.

- -

Q: Will there ever be the curved Cantina bar end piece, and if so, when will it be made available and what will it come with?

A: Yes. The specifics on when it will be available aren't ready for announcement yet.

- -

Q: Why does Hasbro not want to discuss specifics in regards to possible upcoming products when Hasbro has no competition for making Star Wars action figures?

A: Excellent question. We manage the flow of information for a variety of business reasons. One advantage to the plan is that we always have upcoming news and collectors don't get bored. When the public knows the line too far in advance, there's a tendency for items new to the shelf to seem old if the line list has been out there for months (case in point last Toy Fair, when our line list was well-known, and the criticism was that there was "no new news.").

- -

You can find previous answers in SSG's weekly Hasbro Q&A archive.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Now that's an interesting answer. They DO have a good point there.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

About which, question #3? I thought so too, but they can be a bit TOO tightlipped I think.

Anyway, ActionFigs.com as well has new questions, and you might just recognize the author of that article.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sorry JT - the bit about holding back on the news so that people feel the "new stuff" is still fresh.... I've fallen victim to heaving massive sighs when seeing the "new" figures on the shelves (most recently the Geonosis wave), especially when there's something coming down the pike I'm looking more forward to.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Interesting that they answered actionfigs.com's question about Spirit Anakin with such a firm negative (by their standards). They love reissues of figures in clear blue plastic, and this is one of the few that would actually make sense.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro
    A: Yes.
    Holy carp! A real answer! Not a "maybe" or "we're looking into it" or...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm rather enjoying these Q&A sessions. It's awesome that we'll finally get the curved bar piece! Hey, what do you know, their answers are actually making sense.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Thanks for getting that Hayden question answered. It's a bummer of an answer but at least they said where it stands. I'm sure they'll get to it eventually, though.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Interesting that they answered actionfigs.com's question about Spirit Anakin with such a firm negative (by their standards). They love reissues of figures in clear blue plastic, and this is one of the few that would actually make sense.
    That makes me think of an interesting point, this wouldn't necessarily have to be a new figure at all, they could reissue their previous Spirit of Anakin figure with a new Hayden head - maybe even use the Hayden head from the Evolutions 3pack and just retool it a bit to fit and not look so dour. But they did come down on that one pretty hard, maybe they think there'd be too little interest.

Nonsense, there's enough interest ! Didn't another site ask the question, too?

Good point about the reuse of the body though, JT. I mean, ILM did it so why not Hasbro ?