Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ep III Saga Gift Pack- Silver R2. Thoughts?

I think the R2 looks kinda' cool, and that Shocktrooper appears to be an SA 41 (like in the Senate Pack). I think I'll pass (unless the Shocktrooper is a different mold...), though I am sure I'll see Silver R2's on Ebay

Pass. I have the power, and I have the will to skip this set.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..........
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Well, I don't see the point in these silver figures. I certainly wouldn't buy it on account of a silver R2, only if I happened to need spares of the particular figures included in this set.

I think the silver R2 looks cheap even though it's a superior sculpt to the chrome one.however a plain astromech does provide plenty of scope for customisers. the reat of the set aint worth anything. so really it's a dud in my eyes.

Would someone kindly call up Hasbro and ask them to hire a proofreader? Or, better yet, one of SSG's question for next week could be: "Do you realize the correct and preferable spelling is 'collectible,' and 'collectable' is a common-usage b*****dization of dubious origin, believed to have been originated by Beanie Baby scalpers in the 1990s?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Dunno . . . if this is priced right, I may pick it up. More shocktroopers are always cool (even though this is the #6 Quick-Draw one). I got the blue eyes version of that Anakin, so I might be interested in getting the red eyes version. I may be able to find some use for Vader, Grievous, and Obi-Wan, and a loose, new silver R2 would double well as a random chrome astromech droid. So, it's a big "maybe" at this point.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Are all of those other figures (besides R2) re-releases? Or is that a new Anakin, Vader, and Grievous? Looks to be the same ones we have...any comments?
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Pice o carp
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Thank you Hasbro for saving me money!!!! How many times do we need a Vader or R2 in silver form? I like my chromed versions better and like the KB pack from last year, this one will not clutter up my collection. How about a pack like this but with...gasp... different clones or the clone commanders something that people might actually buy. I would crack a pack like that open. This set is just another item for scalpers to horde and then return to the store when they can't sell them for x2 retail.
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."

I can pass on sets like this with extreme easy because I'm an opener.