X-Wing Pilot from A New Hope

who is the X-Wing Pilot from A New Hope that Luke sits next to when they are discusssing the attack on the Death Star? it wasn't wedge, was it? thanks for any help.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

according to http://red6.tk

Theron Nett (Red 10):
    Human male- Killed over the Death Star while defending the squadron, often mistaken for Wedge Antilles
    Played by: Mauy Chaykin

It's Wedge, but portrayed by a different actor than Dennis Lawson. I'm not sure of the actor's name in that scene.

Edit: Looks like MDP beat me to the punch, but with different info. The link isn't working for me; does the site say where it got that info from? I've always heard Wedge, even from Lucasfilm.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

funny that's the web addy straight from the address bar.

no Ididn't look for their sources but I think it's a lot of reader submissions that help build it up.

I don't really care what his name is. be nice to have a figure of him along with other speaking role pilots. or even screaming like a girl while the ship explodes pilots. build a squadron. rebel martyrs.

and orange is such a nice colour too.

thanks for the info. i was on a site that said it was Wedge, but after reading what you posted and saying Theron Nett was mistaken for Wedge, it makes some sense. but none the less, thanks.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

The lines are attributed to Wedge in the script.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

And if you collected the Decipher SWCCG the Wedge card from ANH was a picture of the guy from the briefing room.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

That's pretty dumb of Decipher to do that. I'm going to vote for them as dumbest in the OT thread.

So, according to red6:

Garven "Dave" Dreis (Red 1)
    Wedge Antilles (Red 2)
    Biggs Darklighter (Red 3)
    John D (Red 4)
    Luke Skywalker (Red 5)
    Jek Porkins (Red 6)
    Elyhek Rue (Red 7)
    Bren Quersey (Red 8)
    Lieutenant Naytaan (Red 9)
    Theron Nett (Red 10)
    Hol Okand (Red 11)

I say disregard red 7,8,9 and 11. seven SA pilots is enough. even just making biggs, john D and theron net would do.

If hasbro made a super articulated rebel pilot body the could then make the different heads and make a mint from selling pilot packs. release a plain x-wing with a sticker sheet that allows you to mark up the ship to match your pilots. a squadron of rebels. sorted. could pack in an astrodroid head with each pilot. modify the x-wing so the astrodroid heads are swappable. I'd buy that. think of the money to be made from people wanting every variant. it's so obvious only a dumb company like hasbro could miss it.

and with doubtless people would then be looking for other pilots like gold squadron and A and B wing pilots. SA bodies and different heads again. serves a purpose in using the same molds again and again and doesn't cost hasbro so much to do. one SA x-wing pilot body, one add on collar for hoth snowspeeder pilots, one SA b-wing pilot body, one SA A-wing pilot body, one pop on/off astrodroid head, one re-used slightly modified but limited paint apps x-wing fighter, possibly with the ladders from the unreleased yavin technician accessory pack, and a bunch of different heads and uniquely tampo stamped removable helmets.

I'd really be ready for that after all this clone nonsense.

That was the Wedge Antilles of principal photography. Dennis Lawson is the Wedge Antilles of post-production and reshoots.

At least that's the way I've always understood it.