Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Legacy "The future of SW"

I finally was able to pick up the little 25 jobber at my comic book store, and all I can say is wow, thats the best quarter ive spent in a long time! And ive just skimed it, im saving it for later. The art looks great (even the CG for some reason, but even though I like it I hope they dont incorporate it into the next books), and I am really really looking forward to this series. Seeing all those imperials and new ships was great- only thing im kinda ticke about is the fact that the storm trooper armor hasnt really changed in 130 years.. maybe its enhanced (??) SO, if you havent gotten this yet- go get it!

(Does Cade remind you guys of somebody? Yea I know he looks like luke but I think he looks like someone else but I cant place him!!)
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Y'know, I was kinda sceptical about this title... but after checking out issue zero (the 25cent book), I'm fully ready for it.

Looks like there's gonna be some really cool characters in this one, and I like the idea of different Jedi factions. Plus no more "rule of two" in the Sith Order, there's gonna be a lot of bad-*** Sith characters in this one!

Yeah this was an unexpected pleasure.
    They have really thought this future out.
    The evolutions of the technology seems as plausible as the devolution of OT tech for the PT.
    But it does seem like you had to follow the crappy post-Jedi EU to understand some of it, especially with the numerous mentions of the Vong.

Legacy #1 comes out on Wednesday, BTW.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

i picked up #0 but i don't know if i'll really follow this series
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran
    i picked up #0 but i don't know if i'll really follow this series
    Why not??!
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

I also thought that $.25 was too good to pass up, but I don't find the "future of SW" all that interesting. All these "the galaxy will never be the same again" stories are getting old... I fear that with the films done, SW will fall into the trap that has become Star Trek fiction.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I enjoyed it enough (or am curious enough) to be heading over to the comic book shop at 2 to buy it. I'll give it 3 or 4 issues sell me.

There are reasons to believe that Jag and Jaina do end up together after all. This is good news.

Also, I've read speculation that the head Sith is Jacen (didn't it say he'd been around for about 100 years?).

If this is so, then we have the Skywalkers representing the Jedi and the Solo family representing the Empire and the Sith!!! That is interesting.

Star Wars Legacy #1
    Ugh. At first glance, this comic seemed to be a relaunch of Vampirella, as Darth Talon is clearly designed with the bad-girl aesthetic. And, the writing is not much better. (Oddly, a line of dialogue suggests that the Emperor only wanted to incarcerate Jedi, not kill them. Hot to reconcile that with the Order 66 sequence in Episode 3 is a mystery.)
    While many comics are very decompressed, this one suffers from hyper-compression. Ostrander and co are desperately trying to hit the ground running, and it comes across as a desperate scramble. What interesting ideas there were in the preview book are not apparent here.
    Grade: D
    After Episode 3, I knew SW would go bad, but I never expected it to go this bad, this fast.

WTF? It was the first issue.
    You complain about not seeing the ideas in the preview issue not being shown, yet you say issue #1 was "hyper-compressed."

My only complaint is the one I had when I read #0 -
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    But it does seem like you had to follow the crappy post-Jedi EU to understand some of it, especially with the numerous mentions of the Vong.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Well, realistically, like it or not, if it follows the NJO, there pretty much have to be references to the NJO. Keep in mind that that series (again, like it or not) dealt with the first known extra-galactic invasion and a war with a body count that dwarfs the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War combined. And, apparently, one of Palpatine's reasons for seizing power was to keep the Vong at bay.

Again, like it or not. (I happen to think it completely undermines the point of the movies.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.