Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dane Cook's Tourgasm

I had been looking forward to this HBO miniseries for months. That is, until it actually premiered last week and I found myself let down a bit. I really like Dane Cook and I was looking forward to the behind the scenes look...but last week for the first episode there was WAYYYYY too much whining between those guys Jay and Bobby. It was ridiculous, they were BOTH annoying me and I wanted BOTH of them to just STFU. Of course, I'm sure it's edited down that way to present some conflict but I'm making these comments based on the "characters" represented in the show. Gary Gullman seems promising though, so I'm looking forward to seeing some more of his bits (I never heard of him before this show).

Of course, Dane is great so I like that part of the show. He sold me back when he did the Denis Leary Roast and gave that bit about Gina Gershon (I can't even bother trying to type it out here ). I don't even really remember him from Mystery Men, probably because I hate that POS movie and have blocked as much of it as possible from my memory?

I haven't seen the show, but I just helped shoot the final episode last week. Dane is great and I was hooked after shooting him a couple years ago at the Comedy Store in LA. I have to admit though that he's much better LIVE. His 2 CD set let me down a bit.

What??? Retaliation is great ! Sure it's not as good since you can't see his goofy antics but the stuff that's on there is superb, for the most part.

Last night's episode of Tourgasm was way better than last week's, I thought, so that was cool. The whole thing with Jay trying a new joke on the fly was interesting and I could never work under such pressure.

Also, I liked Dane standing up for his tour manager guy and being accountable for the logistics of running a tour. It's one thing for "celebrities" to get to run around goofing off but there are tons of people (like you, stillakid, since you worked on the end of the project ) working behind the scenes (and I mean actually working ) who don't get the glamour or anything.

I'm sure it's a comparison that holds true for many examples throughout the entertainment industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    It's one thing for "celebrities" to get to run around goofing off but there are tons of people (like you, stillakid, since you worked on the end of the project ) working behind the scenes (and I mean actually working ) who don't get the glamour or anything.
    Ain't that the truth...I should write a book....WAIT A MINUTE, I AM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    book about the movie biz ... or the prequels ?

movie biz...my agent is sending out the proposals to publishers this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bookicon.gif 
Views:	50 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	14003  

I know, I was just goofing that there have been enough posts made by many of us over the years - enough to put into book form.

Good luck with your proposals !
    I hope SSG forumites will get first crack at the initial batch of autographed copies?

This show still hasn't impressed me. That Jay guy's "new joke" about killing people with kindness was horrible. Hopefully this show will improve as the season progresses. I can only hope.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I decided to watch this series too and found it mildly entertaining. Before this I had never heard of Dane Cook or any of the other comics for that matter. I think the show would be better if it was an hour long though. Its hard to tell who is funny and who isn't when they don't show much of their routine but based on what I've seen so far I'd say Bobby is my favorite.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Dane Cook is pretty damn hilarious, but there's a few kids at my school who don't shut up with his quotes. It's funny to a point . . . oh, and it helps if you're actually Dane Cook.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram