Page 112 of 427 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 4262
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I finished my "30 Rock" marathon over the weekend and loved it. I can't wait to see the premiere for season 2 here in a few weeks.
    Ditto here JMG. Loved the first season, finished it up tonight, glad I took it down. Hilarious stuff. I still put The Office ahead of 30 Rock, as far as nonstop hilarity goes, but if The Office didn't win the Emmy, then I'm relatilvely content with 30 Rock winning, which it did. Thursday nights on NBC is gonna own!

"We Are Marshall"- I wasn't sure about this flick, but the video store had it in stock, so I figured what the hey. I really enjoyed it. It's very painful to watch at times with the crash and the loss, but it's also filled with hope and unity through sports and relationships. McConaughey is very likable and Matthew Fox is also great. Another great performance was from Anthony Mackie, who played Marshall player Nate Ruffin. He and McConaughey share an incredibly emotional scene that was just terrific. If you enjoy uplifting sports movies, look no further. Rating- *** out of ****
    Got this one on the Netflix queue; can't wait to check it out.

Well I watched Death Proof tonight for the first time (yes, I never did get around to seeing Grindhouse in the theater). Needless to say, I thought it was f'ing awesome!!! Great film. I watched it with my brother, who saw it in the theater and afterwards he told me the scenes that weren't shown in theaters. To me, the version I saw would appear to have made more sense, or flowed better, as opposed to them cutting the scenes that weren't shown; of course I say that not having seen the theatrical cut. Either way, it was great effort by Tarantino and co.. Sure, lots of dialogue (what's a Tarantino film w/o some fantastic dialogue?!?!?) but there was some good action too. Sure, it wasn't in abundance, but what was there, was great! Some great muscle cars too.... classics... Camaro, Mustang, Charger, Challanger... simply awesome! I loved the grindhouse throwback vibe too. The supporting cast, all the girls, did great jobs and were super hot. Kurt Russell... yeah, he did a superb job. Tarantino definitely has a foot fetish , and it was great to see his previous films make an appearance in one way or another. Overall, I thought this was a really good flick, if you couldn't tell.

And btw, I can't wait to check out Planet Terror!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched The Ex the other day. An alright movie, some funny parts. Jason BAteman is a huge d*ck in it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Ditto here JMG. Loved the first season, finished it up tonight, glad I took it down. Hilarious stuff. I still put The Office ahead of 30 Rock, as far as nonstop hilarity goes, but if The Office didn't win the Emmy, then I'm relatilvely content with 30 Rock winning, which it did. Thursday nights on NBC is gonna own!
    I agree here. I just think the awkward moments in The Office are far more frequent, ie- Phyillis' wedding which I STILL can't watch.

Got this one on the Netflix queue; can't wait to check it out.
    It's a good flick, you should enjoy it.

Well I watched Death Proof tonight for the first time (yes, I never did get around to seeing Grindhouse in the theater). Needless to say, I thought it was f'ing awesome!!! Great film. I watched it with my brother, who saw it in the theater and afterwards he told me the scenes that weren't shown in theaters. To me, the version I saw would appear to have made more sense, or flowed better, as opposed to them cutting the scenes that weren't shown; of course I say that not having seen the theatrical cut. Either way, it was great effort by Tarantino and co.. Sure, lots of dialogue (what's a Tarantino film w/o some fantastic dialogue?!?!?) but there was some good action too. Sure, it wasn't in abundance, but what was there, was great! Some great muscle cars too.... classics... Camaro, Mustang, Charger, Challanger... simply awesome! I loved the grindhouse throwback vibe too. The supporting cast, all the girls, did great jobs and were super hot. Kurt Russell... yeah, he did a superb job. Tarantino definitely has a foot fetish , and it was great to see his previous films make an appearance in one way or another. Overall, I thought this was a really good flick, if you couldn't tell.

And btw, I can't wait to check out Planet Terror!!!
    AS somebody who saw GRINDHOUSE in the theaters, i'm refusing/boycotting these initial DVD releases. I blogged about this on tuesday, so i'll just cut n' paste the rant here.

1. the DVD is EXTENDED for a reason. Remember the MISSING REEL gag that was hysterically and strategically placed? Yeah, it's gone now. When GH bombed at the US BO, QT and RR added the footage into the film as the films were seperated for a European release, thus losing the GRINDHOUSE experience. QT gave some lame, fast talking excuse about how European audiences wouldn't understand the GH reference anyway (d****e). What it does do for the Weinstein Co. is that it gives them a chance to make more $$ of two films playing seperately. Now, if these deleted scenes were say, NOT IN THE FILM and I was given the option of of watching them via a menu, etc. i'd have no problem, but what version of the film I'm allowed to watch has already been chosen for me. Thanks.

2. And remember those hysterical fake trailers in between "Planet Terror" and "Death Proof?" The trailers for "Don't!," "Werewolf Women of the SS," and "Thanksgiving?" Yeah, they're NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. Neither DVD is including them aside from "Machete" on the PT DVD as Robert Rodriguez is writing/making a full film of "Machete." So, not only do we lose the great MISSING REEL gags and not only are the versions of the film i can watch been chosen for me, we're losing some great bits in between the films.

Frankly, I don't get this, at all. Basically, the folks who saw the films are going to be PO'D and alienated and not buy these flicks. And do they think that random folks who see these flicks in stores are going to pick them up? "Hey, here are those two movies that bombed at the BO.....let's get them!" No. And seriously, if ANYBODY HAS A GOOD QUALITY BOOTLEG OF THE ENTIRE GRINDHOUSE EXPERIENCE AND CAN DVD BURN IT FOR ME, LET ME KNOW. I'll gladly provide DVD-R'S for your troubles. And until the fans get the, FULL theatrical GRINDHOUSE experience, I'll have no guilt trying to track down a high quality bootleg and enjoy it
    But yeah, UK, in the theaters, right before the lap dance in DP, we got a great MISSING REEL card and the next scene was the group leaving the bar. It was pretty funny, but that's gone, along with some of the great MISSING REEL cards in PLANET TERROR. I'm just refusing to buy these DVD's and will wait for a theatrical release with the fake trailers that are now gone or until somebody hooks me up with a great bootleg from the film. Still, glad you enjoyed it!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

have a few here:

The Benchwarmers - funny flick but it was like I was watching Napolean Dynamite plays baseball.

Hollywoodland - I wanted to see this when it was out in the theaters but when I finally got the chance it was already out of the theaters. Good movie, I think it was pretty interesting to see the various scenarios about how George Reeves might have died.

Highlander : The Source - have to say I am a huge Highlander fan and had really great expectations for this but I have to say, what a huge pile of **** this movie was. I think this one was worst then Highlander 2.

Superman / Doomsday - thought it was pretty good, would have like to have seen it stay more true to the comic book and perhaps have the other Supermen, like Steel, Superboy, Eradicator, and Cyborg Superman as well. would have also like to see them animate the funeral procession with some of the other DC characters.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Watched Waiting tonight. Damn funny movie. Mitch burned them all with the Goat
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Watched Waiting tonight. Damn funny movie. Mitch burned them all with the Goat
    My wife wanted that movie and after watching it she loves it even more.

I pulled a late night and rewatched Silence of the Lambs (HD) Species in HD and DOA (rental)

DOA should have been called TNA because that was all that was in the film.

It aimed low and hit the mark but I like the other films by Corey Yueh (Transporter; Lethal Weapon 4; The One;Jet Li's The Enforcer;Romeo must Die)
    so I knew what to expect. I can't wait for my wife to see this, see used to kick my but on the Xbox in DOA anyway.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Thanks to WM resetting their DVD sections this week, I picked up and now watching "Young Frankenstein" that i got for $7.50. They also had Evil Dead 1-2, which I'll get eventually. YF is still a hysterical classic flick.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

You know, I have never seen Young Frankenstein... and I love Gene Wilder too. Whats that all about?!?!?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched Transformers again the other day. One of the guys I work with bought a damn good bootleg in Kuala Lumpur.

I watched a carp ton of movies out on cruise though.

I watched:

Oceans 13
    Disturbia
    Transformers
    Knocked Up
    Evan Almighty
    The Holy Trilogy
    Just Friends
    Grandma's Boy
    Ghost Rider (sucked ***)

There are a ton more but I can't think right now.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Just got back from four days of po-lice CSI training stuff in Sacramento. (FBI agents don't retire: they make more money as freelancing instructors!).

After carousing after class, I would watch Ken Burns' The War back at the ol' Holiday Inn. Didn't get to see all of the series, so I guess I'll have to wait until the price comes w-a-y down to buy it and watch the rest.

Good stuff.

BTW: Welcome back, Slick!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!