Page 114 of 433 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 4328
    Yea, I'd like to find a few more takers, just think of it more as a challenge not a contest either. I had planned to try to average 1 a day for the month, so 31 is my main goal.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

After a ventriloquist puppet murders his wife, a young man returns home to confront the evil that terrorizes the small town and has haunted his family for generations in Dead Silence. For a show about killer dummies it wasn't all that bad. The film is more ghost story than gorey, which is what I prefer anyway.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

A wealthy widow (Tallulah Bankhead) kidnaps and imprisons her dead son's ex-fiancee (Stefanie Powers) in her rambling mansion in 1965's Die! Die! My Darling! Terrorized by the servants and tortured by the long, drawn-out Bible readings of her kidnapper, the young woman soon realizes that her mother-in-law intends to keep her until death so she can be reunited with her son in heaven. Features a script by Richard Matheson and a young Donald Sutherland as the idiot handyman.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

So for the last two nights I've had to stay in a hotel because parts of my house (including my room) were being renovated. There wasn't much to do except watch movies. The plus side was that they had movies that were still in theaters, or not out on DVD yet. So I had a double feature of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Spider-Man 3. And at only $4.99 each rental, it wasn't bad.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

NFL Football Jets/Giants and then the Yankees do or die game.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Watched Bug earlier today. Thought it was pretty stupid. All of the previews and such portrayed it as a horror movie, but I didn't think it was one, for the most part (still adding it to the horror challange since everyone else is, @ DVDTalk). Anyways, coming from William Friedkin, of The Exorcist fame, I was expecting good things, needless to say, I was really disappointed. Only good thing about this one was the acting. Ashley Judd, she did an incredible job. Michael Shannon (who bears some resemblance to Caesar) did a great job as well. Watched An American Werewolf in London afterwards to get the bad taste out of my mouth.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

A travel writer (John Cusack) spends the night in 1408, the most haunted room in Samuel L. Jackson's NYC hotel. Hollywood, totally and utterly bankrupt in original ideas and creativity, are scraping the bottom of Stephen King's barrel for new material to make into movies methinks.

An ATF agent (Denzel Washington - flabby, but capable) uses time-travelling video technology to survey the past in order to identify the man responsible for the bombing of a New Orleans ferry in Deja Vu. I thought this one was worth a look. An ATF agent (Denzel Washington - flabby, but capable) uses time-travelling video technology to survey the past in order to identify the man responsible for the bombing of a New Orleans ferry in Deja Vu. I thought this one was worth a look.

Watched Fracture, Princess Bride and some other movie I cant think of in the last week.

Fracture was decent, good watch.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

A doctor saves a colleague from the gallows and enlists him in his experimental brain surgeries on drugged "volunteers" in 1956's The Black Sleep. Features horror veterans Lon Chaney Jr., Bela Lugosi, and Tor Johnson as some of the good doctor's unfortunate victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    A travel writer (John Cusack) spends the night in 1408, the most haunted room in Samuel L. Jackson's NYC hotel. Hollywood, totally and utterly bankrupt in original ideas and creativity, are scraping the bottom of Stephen King's barrel for new material to make into movies methinks.
    I saw this one. I didn't love it, but I thought it was okay for a short little film. It did recycle a lot from other King adaptations, though.

I looked at it as a throwback to that Hitchcock film that took place entirely in an apartment, and as an almost one-man performance piece. I thought it had a couple of good scares, too.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car