Page 116 of 432 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 4318
    28 Weeks Later - pretty good, better than the original in some ways but also not really as scary. The disease didn't seem to follow the same rules as the first movie either, but maybe it mutated over the 28 weeks that the "carrier" had it. Not unheard of as far as diseases go.

Bug - horrible movie, absolutely pointless. Easily one of the worst films I've ever seen in my lifetime.

FF:Rise of the Silver Surfer - not bad at all, one of the better superhero movies out there; but it's no Spider-Man 2.

Wrong Turn 2 - laughingly bad, it was kind of interesting to watch the special features when the director said "We're not making a comedy!" and my first thought was, "well maybe not on purpose." It tried so hard to be shocking and vile that I couldn't help but just laugh at the stupidity of it all.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

This past weekend I saw Hot Fuzz and 28 Weeks Later, both of which were pretty good but nothing to write home about.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Watched Saw II today. Pretty sweet flick. Watched Silent Hill again a few days ao. Am I the only one who really likes that movie?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I liked Silent Hill, KH. Radha Mitchell is a hot little momma. Seems like all of Alice Krige characters tend to meet with a wet, sticky end.

Watched 28 Weeks Later last night. The gore and violence was brutal and relentless, but the movie just didn't resonate with me. All signs point to another sequel in this franchise 28 months later.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

National Guard trainees encounter the mutant inbred hillpeople in The Hills Have Eyes 2. I thought this one was better than the first. Wes Craven didn't pull any punches with this one; it's not like you see many live-births and rape scenes all in the same film.

Finally made it through The Wicker Man last night. A motorcycle cop (Nicholas Cage) infiltrates a strange matriarchal commune to search for his ex's missing daughter. The film held promise at first, but tends to be more annoying than entertaining.

Started my annual The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror quasi-marathon too. I've watched THOH I-IV so far, all from my DVD sets. Though the DVD quality is superior to my original VHS recordings of the episodes off TV, it's just not quite the same. Watching the VHS tapes with their old commercials and Halloween-themed FOX station identifications really takes me back.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    National Guard trainees encounter the mutant inbred hillpeople in The Hills Have Eyes 2. I thought this one was better than the first. Wes Craven didn't pull any punches with this one; it's not like you see many live-births and rape scenes all in the same film.
    I just watched this, The Hills Have Eyes 2 (remake), earlier today. I think I enjoyed this one better than the first (remake of the original) as well. Not sure how it stacks up to the original The Hills Have Eyes part II b/c I have never seen it; I hear it is awful though. Either way, this was a fairly entertaining horror movie and I'm glad I took it down. I liked how the ending was blunt but effective, even though the final sequence was cliche.

Plan on firing up 28 Weeks Later sometime soon, maybe tonight. I have been meaning to watch this for more than a week now but haven't been able to.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched DOOM last night. It was ok if you liked the game. didnt really follow the game too much, butwhen The Rock finds the BFG, its pretty funny to hear him call it by its nickname.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Finally got around to watching 28 Weeks Later last night. I thought it was awesome. Like bigbarada said, there were several elements of the sequel that I preferred to the original. Not sure which I liked more (probably the first one), still thinking about it, but the sequel definitely stacks up to the original imo; one of the better sequel efforts out there. I absolutely loved the beginning, with the group of people in the house and the attack/chase that ensued shortly after. After that it seemed like the movie kind of took a break, setting up the plot and what not, which is understandable, but it was still kind of slow there for a bit. But the action and suspense returned shortly after and never let up. I don't want to say too much for those who haven't seen it yet, but one element was very predictable; not sure if it was intended to be or not, but it was. The night vision scope thing in the subway/train station kind of annoyed me; they could have done a lot more with that idea/sequence than they did. The ending was great, and I'm very curious to see where they take this franchise next -- if the very end was any suggestion, then we already know; which should be awesome! The special effects and gore was flawless. While there were a couple cons to the movie, the pros easily outweigh them... and make for a very enjoyable horror flick.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I definately enjoyed 28 WEEKS LATER as well (see the original review I posted in its thread, might hafta search). I loved how it was still shot in that same gritty, almost documentary style feel and this one definately upped the amount of action, blood, and gore. Plus, I loved how the virus is constantly changing and evolving, which as you said, isn't unheard of. It's not as good as its predecessor, but its damn close!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Watched The Reaping today. Very good movie. Not a typical horror flick with blood and gore, more along the lines of a thriller with some very creepy stuff going on.