Page 117 of 431 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 4307
    I thought Transformers was pretty entertaining, though Shia LaBeouf's smart-alecky back-peddling dialogue and vocal delivery was a bit grating after awhile. I watched a widescreen copy on my 27" screen and had a bit of trouble making out the battling robots at times. But I thought it was worthwhile enough that I plan to watch it again before taking it back to the library.

Not as good was Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I thought the first FF outing was pretty average fare, and this sequel is on par with it's predecessor.

A young wheelchair-bound woman (Susan Strasberg), haunted by ghostly visions of her father, begins to think that her step-mother may have killed the old man to get his money in 1961's Scream of Fear. It's a decent horror film from this era. Also stars scream-king veteran Christopher Lee as the family physician.

An orphaned Norseman (Karl Urban) is adopted and raised by a coastal North American tribe after his countrymen's ship runs aground in The Pathfinder. When another wave of Vikings arrive, the young warrior must defend his adopted people against the onslaught of these foreign invaders and their advanced weaponry. Though not outstanding, I thought the film is worth a look.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Someone is brutally murdering the most wealthy and popular students at the exclusive Ivy League prep-school, Crawford Academy, in 1981's Happy Birthday to Me. Though fairly tame by today's standards, this slasher flick does have a plot with a twist at the end, and there's still plenty of gore to go around.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched Deja-Vu this morning. Denzel Washington, Val Kilmer and Jim Caviziel star in it. Great movie, kind of confusing, but all makes sense at the end. Its about time trael and stopping a terrorist from blowing up a ferry.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

A strange meteor shower leaves most of the world's population completely blind and helpless prey for giant carnivorous walking plants in 1963's The Day of the Triffids. This decent disaster flick follows a small group of sighted survivors as they attempt to regroup and battle the horrific poison-spitting florae that has replaced humanity atop the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Transformers I watched a widescreen copy on my 27" screen and had a bit of trouble making out the battling robots at times.
    It wasn't your screen.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

We Own the Night
    Not exactly the plotline that I thought it was going to be but I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    We Own the Night
    Not exactly the plotline that I thought it was going to be but I really enjoyed it.
    What about that opening scene?

Oh jeez that was MORE than I expected !!!

:eva mendes:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    It wasn't your screen.
    I'm pretty sure it is mine, even though it has that Sony feller's name on it.

A man and his family inherit a mansion from an eccentric uncle who dabbled in the occult and collected apparitions in 1960's 13 Ghosts. The ghosts can be seen with a special set of spectacles, and unlike the specters in the 2001 remake with Tony Shalhoub, are not necessarily malevolent - they end up helping the family expose the treachery of their greedy lawyer in the end. Though the movie tries hard to be scary, it winds up coming across as a Halloween-themed Leave it to Beaver episode (the parents even sleep in separate beds - I mean, c'mon!). The film was made by b-movie king William Castle, who often spent more money on gimmicks to promote his films than on the films themselves. (He once had vibrating buzzers attached to theater seats for one horror picture). For this particular film, 3D glasses were given out to the audience, so the ghosts could be visible or invisible depending on which lens the viewer used. The movie also co-stars Margaret Hamilton, who played the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz.