Page 120 of 427 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 4264
    Shawshank, Stand by Me, and Green Mile weren't freaky.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Just got back from Gone Baby Gone. Great movie, great performances.
    Too bad it hasn't done very well.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

There have been a rash of Stephen King adaptations lately that I never thought would be done. I've read most of his stuff, including the short story collections, and was simply amazed that Secret Window, 1408, and most recently, The Mist, were ever optioned at all. I didn't think the original short stories were really all that good to begin with.

The adaptations that Chux mentioned were both good reads and quite entertaining movies.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Neither was "Silver Bullet". Gary Busey + Corey Haim = hilarious shenanigans!

Anyway, I've been breezing through the Spider-Man trilogy. I'm on the second film right now.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

May contain a very minor spoiler or two:

Speaking of Spider-Man, I watched Spider-Man 3 for the first time last night. The good: Bruce Campbell, Bryce Dallas Howard and Thomas Haden Church. The bad: Just about everything else, and the fact that "The good" wasn't featured in the film enough... I don't know... I really didn't care much for this Spider-Man; it is easily my least favorite thus far. It would have/could have been much better if they scrapped the whole Peter Parker alter-ego/possessed/trying to be a cool bada**/what ever you want to call it thing... cut all of those scenes out and you greatly improve the film overall, but I still don't think it would make up for it; it would help though, no doubt. The first part of the movie wasn't bad, and I was rather optimistic (considering all the negative things I heard about it), but it gradually went down hill thereafter (and only confirmed what I had heard about it). Some of the special effects were well done, others were not. Some of the fight sequences were well done, others were not. The movie was quite predictable too. I really enjoyed Bruce Campbell's cameo/character... he made me laugh out loud. I liked Thomas Haden Church as the Sandman and I liked how I was able to sympathize with his character, but he disappeared there for a good portion of the movie which hurt the film overall. Venom was alright too, well his special effects.. everything else about that character was forgettable. Just about everything involving Peter Parker and Mary Jane was obnoxious and forgettable as well. So yeah, I was disappointed with this movie.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Saw Borat earlier today. I'm not going to make any friends by saying this, since everyone seems to worship this movie like a pagan idol, but what is the big frigging deal? The character seemed pretty funny, but 99% of the jokes either didn't carry through to a punchline, or they went way beyond the point where they ceased to be funny. I only laughed twice: the bear in the ice cream truck (and not, as you may suspect, simply because a bear appeared) and the entire rodeo bit.

I don't care how many libel lawsuits are pending, you will never, ever convince me that this entire movie wasn't totally put on. Especially Pamela Anderson and the routine at the news station.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was bad, but it wasn't good, either. Pretty middle-of-the-road, all said.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Watched Superman III and Superman IV: A Quest for Peace over the weekend. I had forgotten that Gene Hackman did the voice for Nuclear Man....kind of lame if you ask me.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Watched Superman III and Superman IV: A Quest for Peace over the weekend....
    DQ, you should never give up hope. There are reasons to live, my friend! If the thought of watching these two movies ever crosses your mind again, there are hotlines you should call.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Saw Borat earlier today. I'm not going to make any friends by saying this, since everyone seems to worship this movie like a pagan idol, but what is the big frigging deal? The character seemed pretty funny, but 99% of the jokes either didn't carry through to a punchline, or they went way beyond the point where they ceased to be funny. I only laughed twice: the bear in the ice cream truck (and not, as you may suspect, simply because a bear appeared) and the entire rodeo bit.

I don't care how many libel lawsuits are pending, you will never, ever convince me that this entire movie wasn't totally put on. Especially Pamela Anderson and the routine at the news station.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was bad, but it wasn't good, either. Pretty middle-of-the-road, all said.
    The only other thing that was funny was when they were fighting in the Hotel room and the fat dude was yelling wile sitting on is face.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Pamcakes was a definite put on, as were many other parts such as the prostitute, etc...but some other parts were legit, I believe.

Green Mile was freaky when the dude lit up in the chair and Stand By Me, well that's got the open-eyed corpse of Ray Brauer. Scared the hell out of me as a kid.