Page 121 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 4308
    O, Brother Where Art Thou?
    and
    Spider-Man 3 over the weekend.

Unearthed The Blue Max this weekend, too, looking for my Civil War series (Ken Burns) for my son's buddy. I'll have to wait to wait until next weekend to see Ursula and her towel in the Max.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    O, Brother Where Art Thou?

Love this movie!!! Of course, I love just about anything by the Coen Brothers ...

Speaking of the Coen brothers, watched The Big Lebowski a couple days ago. Just picked up a HD-DVD player and this was the first movie I bought for it. Great video transfer on the HD-DVD version, audio was superb as well. And we all know how good the movie is...

Also watched Knocked Up again, for the first (time all the way through) since the theater actually. I think this movie is hilarious, one of my favorite works of Apatow.

I also watched Hostel II yesterday. Blah... Some of the chicks were cute. The violence/gore was alright, not as intense as the first movie though. The ending was rather stupid, and bad. Overall this movie was not very good, another one for the garbage can by Mr. Eli Roth.

Watching Night Watch right now in preparation for Day Watch, which I plan on taking down within the next few days. Really looking forward to that one.

The Dude abides...
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    [/B]Speaking of the Coen brothers, watched The Big Lebowski a couple days ago. Just picked up a HD-DVD player and this was the first movie I bought for it. Great video transfer on the HD-DVD version, audio was superb as well. And we all know how good the movie is...
    You couldn't have picked a better movie to start with !!!

"I like yer style, Dude."
    -- The Stranger --

I saw Dan in Real Life last night...it was decent.

Not even seeing Ashley Judd nekkid could save BUG from being a wretched waste of time. Though I can't really say that I watched the movie in it's entirety since I fast-forwarded through the last third of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Not even seeing Ashley Judd nekkid could save BUG from being a wretched waste of time. Though I can't really say that I watched the movie in it's entirety since I fast-forwarded through the last third of it.
    They set themselves on fire and the movie ends. Totally pointless story.

I watched it all the way through, because I thought that the story had to be going somewhere, but it didn't. They kill themselves, the movie stops, no resolution whatsoever.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Started watching Seinfeld from the beginning since I just picked up the complete series set :P. Also watching Survivor followed by The Office.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Watched Planet Terror earlier tonight after Smallville for like the 3rd time in the past 2 weeks

to everyones surprise I watched Superman Returns last night
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    [/B]

Love this movie!!! Of course, I love just about anything by the Coen Brothers ...
    Agreed. Anytime Raising Arizona or Fargo comes on, I have to sit and watch to the protests of others in the house. Joel and Ethan do some crazy, wonderful stuff, don't they? I have to give Fargo the nod as being my fave. Maybe it's the cop connection.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Agreed. Anytime Raising Arizona or Fargo comes on, I have to sit and watch to the protests of others in the house. Joel and Ethan do some crazy, wonderful stuff, don't they? I have to give Fargo the nod as being my fave. Maybe it's the cop connection.
    Oh yeah, two quality films there. Fargo is outstanding... very beautiful... very well done. I absolutely love Raising Arizona. Probably my favorite straight-up comedy by the Coen bros ( I know Caesar doesn't particularly care for this one, but I won't hold it against him ). I am still waiting on an anamorphic release of Raising. The Big Lebowski is quality, very funny... but it also has other elements that Raising doesn't have (which is a good thing); one of my faves. As I mentioned before, I really like O Brother, it has been a while since I have seen that one. Then there are some of the other lesser known (to most people) earlier works by the Coen brothers;like The Hudsucker Proxy, Barton Fink, Blood Simple that I enjoy very much. I've only seen Miller's Crossing once, but from what I remember I didn't really care for it much. Caesar has convinced me that I need to watch it again, but I still, to this day, haven't gotten around to watching it for the second time. The Man Who Wasn't There, Intolerable Cruelty and The Ladykillers were all decent but they aren't as special as the previously mentioned films (atleast to me they aren't). I'm really hoping that I will be able to make time for No Country for Old Men when it comes out in a few, as I've only heard excellent things about it. [/end Coen brothers rant]

I got around to watching Day Watch earlier today. This movie was a worthy sequel to Night Watch but to me, it fell short a little bit. It was good, but it didn't quite live up to what I was expecting after watching the first installment. It was a tad long, at 2.5 hours, and there was quite a bit going on. I think I am going to have to watch it again in order to better appreciate and completely understand what took place, to be honest with you. Good film though, and a must watch for those of you who gave the Russian (Dir. Timur Bekmambetov) Night Watch a go. The ending was pretty wild.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    You couldn't have picked a better movie to start with !!!

"I like yer style, Dude."
    -- The Stranger --
    I thought you'd like that.

Sam Elliot is a bada**

The Dude abides...
    Last edited by UKWildcat; 11-09-2007 at 01:55 AM. Reason: oops. meant to edit my last post, not double post