Page 123 of 435 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4348
    Watched 28 Weeks Later last night. Great follow up. Cant wait to see them rip France apart in the next one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Watched 28 Weeks Later last night. Great follow up. Cant wait to see them rip France apart in the next one.
    We, we...it's all the rage in France.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Watched The Blue Max last night with George "A-Team" Peppard and Ursula "Dr. No" Andress and her towel. Ursula was responsible for launching a lot of thoughts in my little 12-year-old brain back in the day!

If stillakid reads this: you should check this movie out. I think it's got some pretty interesting camera work for 1966, and I'd like to hear your opinion on it. I think it was ahead of its time in its technique.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Definately. The sequel is still on hiatus I believe as Fox is seeing how the film does on DVD. I only had one gripe with the film that i won't say here for risk of spoiler, but look at my review in the 28 Weeks Later thread if you wanna talk about it, KH.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Fred Claus - surprisingly VERY good, I definitely love Vince Vaughn but as a PG movie I figured it would be pretty watered down and weak. It was actually REALLY good, I will definitely watch that again on DVD.

American Gangster - as good as I expected it to be. Great story, great acting, really drew me in for the full 2 hours 40 minutes.

I watched Mr. Brooks last night. I rented this one on a whim, just because I felt like watching something different from the usual sci-fi/horror I had been watching the past few weeks.
    It was actually a good movie. I liked the acting performances by Costner, William Hurt especially, and Dane Cook did a good job, to my surprise.

Fixing to watch Flags of our Fathers again on dvd..picked it up at Best Buy tonight on sale.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Watched The Matrix, of all things, earlier today. I picked up the HD-DVD trilogy some time ago and completely forgot about it (got it for like $20 b/c of a price mistake at CC or BB). So I decided to fire it up for the first time in years. First off, the Video transfer is amazing, the audio is awesome as well; very good quality HD-DVD. The movie is quite good as well. I'm not one of those die hard Matrix fanatics, but I enjoy this first one immensely. The second and third ones, not soo much, they are okay (worthy sequels), but not nearly as good as the first. I plan on revisiting (no Matrix pun intended) the sequels soon as well, so my opinion may change.

Also watched the Spongebob Squarepants Movie earlier today as well. Great little movie.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Fred Claus - surprisingly VERY good, I definitely love Vince Vaughn but as a PG movie I figured it would be pretty watered down and weak. It was actually REALLY good, I will definitely watch that again on DVD.

American Gangster - as good as I expected it to be. Great story, great acting, really drew me in for the full 2 hours 40 minutes.
    You forgot to mention the 2 for 1 deal our theater had going on Saturday!

Continued my Bond marathon over the weekend completing the brief, but solid Timothy Dalton era and got one film into the Brosnan reign.

"The Living Daylights"- The film is a bit all over the place at times, but it manages to tie things together at the end. The villians are decent although Joe Don Baker came off as just odd at the end, but Timothy Dalton does a great job of injecting the Bond franchise with some much needed seriousness although he has a bit of charm, he's almost TOO humorless at times. Still, it's a nice contrast to Moore's often campy era. The action scenes are pretty solid too. rating- ***

"License to Kill"- One of the more gruesome/bloody Bond films, the series gets personal when Bond ally/close friend Felix Leiter is attacked and nearly murdered by Sanchez (robert davi), a south american drug lord. Bond resigns from MI6, gets his license to kill revoked and goes on a revenge mission. This is a great Bond film due to how damned gritty and dark it is; and the bond girl is pretty great too, kicking a whole lotta keister. Making the story more personal was a great idea and the action scenes are great including one that reminded me of "Thunderball" a bit. Great flick! Rating- ***1/2 out of ****

And the Brosnan reign begins!

"Goldeneye"- Ah, yes, a Bond classic. Brosnan brings in a load of charm and fun to the role taking on the mysterious Janus syndicate who have stolen the goldeneye, capable of omitting a massive EMP 30 miles wide. Featuring the fiesty hot Xenia Onnatopp (sp?) and the uber sexy Natalya bond gal who James along with a great performance from Sean Bean, it's one of the better Bond films. Rating **** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

For the past two days, I've been without a computer. So I've watched a few DVDs to pass the time. I watched Spider-Man 3, Ratatouille, The Departed, and Forrest Gump.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]