Page 131 of 431 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 4307
    I compared the rated (who buys rated versions anyway?) and unrated versions of Superbad today. The unrated is 5 minutes longer (113 min to 118 min).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    who buys rated versions anyway?
    I honestly have no idea why they released a rated version of Superbad. Nobody is going to buy it. You would think that they released the rated version because of parents who wouldn't buy unrated movies, but Superbad has got way too much adult content in its R rated version anyway.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Hot Rod...it was okay.

Not great, not bad, just okay.

Started Dr. No last night, as I've never seen any Bond films without Pierce so I picked up two volumes of the ultimate collection.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I watched two movies in the theater yesterday.

The first was The Golden Compass, which I saw early in the afternoon. It was alright. The only things I really liked were the daemons and the polar bear fight. That was awesome. But since I didn't read the book, I didn't interpret any anti-Christian overtones. Maybe I just wasn't looking at the bigger picture. But anyway, the movie was "good, not great". On the overall list of fantasy films adapted from books that I've seen, here's how I would rank it:

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy
    2. Harry Potter films
    3. Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
    4. The Golden Compass

At least it's much better than that piece of carp "Eragon".

The second, which I saw last night, was Awake. I was sort of press-ganged into seeing it with my friends. I saw it for free at my friend's movie theater so that was a plus. Overall, I thought it started off boring, but it turned into a great suspense movie once the surgery scene started. And the ending was great. Hayden Christensen didn't do a bad job, and neither did Jessica Alba. It was better than I expected it to be.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Double G I heard the filmmakers of Compass "toned down" some of the alleged atheism or whatever...haven't seen it myself, though, nor have I read the book so I don't know either way.

I'm watching Walk the Line again, great movie this one. Kinda like a prequel to the upcoming Walk Hard.

Watched Live Free or Die Hard last night. This movie was pretty good, a lot better than I expected. It was good to see John McClane back in action. The cast in this one was pretty good. Justin Long did a great job I thought. Olyphant was good as usual... although I didn't like him as the villain; Seth Bullock, villain? don't like it. But yeah, he did a good job. I liked Kevin Smith, I mean, Warlock, I completely forgot he was in this movie, even after seeing his name in the credits, but when he made his appearance, it was good. Anyways, some of the stunts in this one were pretty ridiculous, to say the least, but they were still very enjoyable nonetheless. I thought the director, Len Wiseman (Underworld I and II) did a good job too, and I have to give him some extra props for being married to Kate Beckinsale. This movie was quite good I thought, it kind of surprised me, and I can definitely recommend it to all, especially those of you who are fans of the series.

After that one I also watched Blades of Glory (HD-DVD). I thought this movie was alright. Will Ferrell totally made the movie; if it wasn't for him then the movie would have probably sucked something awful. I don't know if that says a lot about Will Ferrell, or the lack of support around him. But anyways, Jon Heder, Will Arnett, Amy Poehler were all forgettable, nothing special going on with their characters. I did like Jenna Fischer, of course... she did a good job, and looked really good. The movie did have some really funny parts though, don't get me wrong, and I did enjoy the movie for the most part, but I will still a little disappointed.

As for the Talladega Nights discussion, I think I would give it a slight edge over Blades of Glory. Walk Hard will be better than both of them though.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I just got done watching the film, HEIMA, which is a documentary about the icelandic band Sigur Ros. It follows the band as they play a series of free live shows all over their home country in all sorts of random locations. If you're a fan of the band, this DVD is a must own. The music is incredible as always, but it's mapped against some of the most awesome cinematography and imagery i've ever seen. It's a superb film.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I finally saw POTC "At Worlds End" for the first time when I rented it the other day.
    Geeze! that is about the lamest poorly acted crappy written movie I've seen in years.
    It's like "we have one more of these to do for Disney, so let's hurry up and get it over with"
    Talk about putting a fork in it cause it's done.
    I can't imagine the masses getting suckered into paying full pop to see it in the theatres, trying to pretend or believe somehow that it's got to be good because the other two movies were good, only to be let down because it was really really bad.
    It's a good thing I didn't have to pay anything to rent it because I had credit for early returns.
    A major dissapointment.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I just got done watching the film, HEIMA, which is a documentary about the icelandic band Sigur Ros. It follows the band as they play a series of free live shows all over their home country in all sorts of random locations. If you're a fan of the band, this DVD is a must own. The music is incredible as always, but it's mapped against some of the most awesome cinematography and imagery i've ever seen. It's a superb film.
    JMG, I've been meaning to ask you about that film actually. I've been listening to Heima (the song) quite a lot lately.