Page 137 of 435 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 4349
    lately i have been mostly watching my beard grow. saw the first few minutes of beowulf and got bored so switched it off.
    have been enjoying CIS and NCIS. it seems like there isn't a night when it's not on here. and my man watches it so i couldn't escape.
    my man bought transformers and bourne III but as i've not seen Bournes I and II i won't be watching that. transformers never grabbed me in my younger years and from clips I've seen i'm not keen on it but I'll give it a go.

I can also highly recommend that Chux [EDIT: And now Jargo] give the Bournes a go...

And I have never seen The Blues Brothers so I can't speak on that.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth kh!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I watched Pan's Labyrinth today. Really good movie. I didnt mind the sub titles at all. It was not anything like I expected, the whole war stuff caught me off guard, but did make for a better storyline.
    If you are a student of Spanish history (as I am), this movie is much more powerful in its content than would appear to the casual viewer. HUGE social/historical commentary by del Toro, with regards to the Spanish Civil War, but most (non-Spanish history) viewers won't "get it". Wonderful movie that I need to add to my DVD collection.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Finally got around to watching Rob Zombie's Halloween last night. I enjoyed it for the most part, and it was kind of what I was expecting from Mr. Zombie. The first half of the movie, the apparent evolution of Michael Myers, was done pretty well, and it gave a lot of insight, albeit Rob Zombie's insight, to how Michael Myers became the notorious killer that he is. The second half of the movie was more of a remake to the original; so it was almost like you were watching two movies. I love Sheri Moon Zombie, she is swell. Forsythe is a bad**. I thought McDowell did a good job, and I hate to say it, "replacing" Donald Pleasence as Dr. Loomis; Pleasence was just spectacular in the original(s). I really liked Brad Dourif as the Sheriff, he is good people, and his daughter Danielle Harris was pretty special too. I'm sure Caesar really liked that. The actress who played Laurie did a pretty good job too. Speaking of which, how the hell did Michael know who and where she was?!??! That was a beef I had with the movie; one hell of a coincidence? or did I miss something?; should probably be discussed in the Halloween thread... But either way, I did enjoy the movie, even though I do have some minor, nit-picky beefs with it, but overall, I really did enjoy the movie. I will probably revisit it sometime soon, as my brother will probably watch it in the near future and I will be sure to join him.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Tenacious D & The Pick of Destiny. Not bad, but not nearly as good as it should've been. I'd say a solid B-.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Tenacious D & The Pick of Destiny. Not bad, but not nearly as good as it should've been. I'd say a solid B-.
    Word.

I saw "The Reaping" with Hilary Swank's big ol' titties and was pretty darn impressed. I'm usually not one for movies having to do with religion, but this was done pretty well.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I've only seen parts of the first Bourne, not really my cup of tea. Nothing wrong with a good thriller, but I like more supernatural fare. And I tend to favor historical action-adventure movies than ones set in present-day.

Watched The Simpsons Movie back on New Year's Eve for the first time. Good show, they can still make me laugh, but the movie is about ten years too late.

A pyschotic former stuntman stalks young women to run down in his 1970 Chevy Nova until his latest victims turn the tables on him in Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof. I've been watching a lot of 60s & 70s cult movies recently and Taratino did a good job with this homage. The car chase was edge of your seat fun but the intentional bad edits and film pops and flutters got to be a little tiring though. Good to see many of the supporting cast of Kill Bill back too.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Just got through watching Eastern Promises which I enjoyed immensely. Cronenberg and Mortensen deliver another solid film, following A History of Violence. Great acting, great directing, great story... everything about this movie is great. Very solid and highly recommended!!!

watched Shoot em up two days ago. Clive Owen and Paul giamatti run around trying to killeach other and the movie has a body count of about 200. Lives up to its name.

Caught LOTR: FOTR EE last night. Like the added scenes. Will be watching the rest soon as I have alot of free time.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Finally able to see Juno tonight.
    Really good and funny - I'll probably buy it when it comes out on dvd.

I tried to see it Friday night but it was actually sold out. I haven't seen a movie sell out in ages.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!