Page 13 of 433 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Ehh I thought while it had its moments on the whole it wasn't all that good. I'd rather watch Anchorman or Elf.
    I agree with Anchorman, for sure... but Elf? I really like John Favreau and Will Ferrell but I didn't care much for that film. It was mediocre at best, imo. I would much rather watch Talladega Nights again. John C. Reilly was awesome as well as Sacha Baren Cohen. Amy Adams was nice too. She's right up your alley Cae.

Speaking of S B Cohen, you all going to check out the Borat movie? I'm really looking forward to it. Out of all of his characters on Da Ali G show, Borat was my favorite. Should be a funny movie.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Oh yeah, Borat is hilarious! A shame that he only cameoed in the Ali G movie.

I love Elf, I'd put it in Ferrell's Top 5 for sure, after Anchorman, Old School, and A Night at the Roxbury. Wedding Crashers could get honorable mention but he's not even credited as it is not a starring role for him. But Elf is great, I love it. My 4th favorite Will Ferrell movie it is, then.

Amy Adams has my affection, yes sir. Too bad she lost Halpert's.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Oh yeah, Borat is hilarious! A shame that he only cameoed in the Ali G movie.
    I skipped the Ali G: In da House movie because I heard it was terrible. What were your thoughts on it Caesar.

Amy Adams has my affection, yes sir. Too bad she lost Halpert's.
    Yea, but I'm sure (hope) everything will work out for the better.

I've watched a couple episodes of Surface on dvd the past couple of days. I thought it was a great show and NBC shouldn't have canned it. It was much better than that Invasion show on ABC, IMO. That would be sweet if the Sci Fi channel were to pick it up.

Last night I watched The Exorcist III while going to sleep. Too bad I fell asleep before I got to finish it.

I've also watched Harold and Kumar several times, or had it on in the background, hence the av. Gotta love some Freakshow.

I need to hurry up and finish Deadwood Season 1 so I can get to Season 2 and hopefully catch Season 3 on the dvr. But at the rate I'm going, Season 3 will probably be released on dvd by the time I get to it.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched Land of the Dead this evening, having recorded it off of HBO last night. The cable channel slipped this one into their schedule in the wee hours of morning in the last week or so. I thought they did that because the movie might be too graphic for primetime, but it turns out it was because it sucks
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Watched the Benchwarmers, Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector, and Scary Movie 4.
    I liked Benchwarmers the most out of the 3 so I ended up buying it.
    Its funny, deals with sports and has plenty of SW stuff in it.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Finally saw 40-year old Virgin last night. It was sad hearing him talk up his boxed toys and then realize I had similar boxed toys in my room. Though I'm quite younger, and don't have his 'problem' though
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Watched Land of the Dead this evening, having recorded it off of HBO last night. The cable channel slipped this one into their schedule in the wee hours of morning in the last week or so. I thought they did that because the movie might be too graphic for primetime, but it turns out it was because it sucks

I agree with ya somewhat though. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie the first time I saw it, although I did enjoy it more the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Watched the Benchwarmers, Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector, and Scary Movie 4.
    I liked Benchwarmers the most out of the 3 so I ended up buying it.
    Its funny, deals with sports and has plenty of SW stuff in it.
    How was Larry the Cable guy movie?!?!?! need I ask?

The SW stuff was great. Lovitz's mansion had many a fine specimen in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantha
    Finally saw 40-year old Virgin last night. It was sad hearing him talk up his boxed toys and then realize I had similar boxed toys in my room. Though I'm quite younger, and don't have his 'problem' though
    I'm sure most all of us can relate to that on some level or another.

Ali G In Da House was not very good but it actually wasn't as bad as I expected.

I watched Anchorman yesterday morning for the 500th time and then after work I took down Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back as a doubleheader (having seen Clerks II for the second time last weekend).

I should boycott this thread for the Land of the Dead blasphemy I'm reading here.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Ali G In Da House was not very good but it actually wasn't as bad as I expected.
    Okay, I'll be sure to check it out sometime. Sucks that Borat doesn't play a more prominant role, although I guess that is probably why he has his own movie coming out now.

I watched Anchorman yesterday morning for the 500th time and then after work I took down Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back as a doubleheader (having seen Clerks II for the second time last weekend).
    Ain't nothing wrong with a Kevin Smith evening.

I should boycott this thread for the Land of the Dead blasphemy I'm reading here.
    Whoa whoa whoa... take it easy. Let me explain... The first time I watched it I was a little tore up and my expectations were set extremely high. Really high... too high. Then I watched it again, sometime after, and enjoyed it much much more. I love Romero, as you know, but I'm sure you'd agree with me and place that as #4 as far as the "Dead" series go, wouldn't you Caesar?

I was referring to Ji'dai for the most part.

Ahhhh, I can't declare a favorite so Dawn, Day, and Land are all in a 3 way tie. Night will always be 4th on my list while the other three are all favorites in their own way.

I just really enjoyed Land, it really connected with me. I saw it twice in the theater last summer, it's great. So yeah, depending on my mood my Romero Deads all shift around in terms of favorite.