Page 142 of 433 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 4327
    Finished watching Carnivale season one a week ago and started in on season two last night. Good show, one of my two favorite HBO series. (The other being Deadwood).

Live Free or Die Hard was a lot better than I expected. Tough to see one of my favorite action stars being so old and wrinkly, though Bruce Willis was still able to pull it off.

I thought Shrek the Third was just plain boring.

I've also watched Raiders of the Lost Ark last week and made it through the first half of The Last Crusade this week.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Live Free or Die Hard was a lot better than I expected. Tough to see one of my favorite action stars being so old and wrinkly, though Bruce Willis was still able to pull it off.
    That was a good movie. I didn't think that Bruce looked that old but he showed a few more crows feet.

I partook in watching Cloverfield in theaters last night and then watched Platoon on DVD.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I watched Saw IV last night for the first time and I must say, I rather enjoyed it. Its hard for me to say which I liked better, the 3rd or 4th, as I really liked them both, for similar and separate reasons. I liked how Saw IV had a bit more story to it, whereas Saw III had the serious gore factor. Saw IV definitely had some gore, but it was dumbed down in comparison the the 3rd installment, but like I said, there was a bit more story in the 4th. I really liked how we got some more background info on Jigsaw, that was cool. And the twist, hot damn, didn't see that one coming the whole movie. It was really cool how they did it, even though it took me a little while after watching it to fully digest what I had just witnessed; after it all sunk in, I thought it was even that much better. I plan on watching it again, really soon, to see what else I pick up on now that I know what and how IV unfolds. The movie still leaves a lot of questions, while it answers some others, but that is one great thing about the Saw franchise; it always keeps you guessing - and wanting more. All in all, I'd have to say I really enjoyed it. Favorites (as of now) in order - 1,3,4,2 (3 and 4 are very close, about tied) Four could definitely jump 3, especially after another viewing. We shall see. Either way, I'm very much looking forward to the 5th installment!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched about 3½ seconds of Top Gun last night before I realized what it was, and then quickly changed the channel.

...that movie sucks worse than an F-14 air in-take vent....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I watched about 3½ seconds of Top Gun last night before I realized what it was, and then quickly changed the channel.

...that movie sucks worse than an F-14 air in-take vent....
    Try telling that to Mr. JJL; it is one of his favorite movies of all time!

I actually watched Saw IV again earlier today, yup, again already. This time I watched it with the commentary track though, which provided some really good insight in to not only Saw IV, but the franchise, both past, present and future, as a whole. It is a really good commentary track that points out a lot of stuff one would normally miss the first time around; characters, details, plot points, etc. and etc. They also mention several ideas and hint at the next installment(s) of Saw. Overall I'd say it was a very informative and entertaining commentary track, one every good Saw fan should give a listen to at one point. It is actually making me want to revisit the previous Saw movies and listen to their commentary tracks, something I have not done. Oh, and I may give Saw IV a slight edge over Saw III now, but this is still something I am pondering.

Anyways, I just got through watching The Heartbreak Kid, which is the newest comedy from the Farrelly bros. This movie wasn't all that bad. I had heard some pretty negative things about it, but it turned out to be fairly good. It is definitely no Dumb and Dumber, or There's Something About Mary, but this movie had several laughs throughout and a pretty decent story. Danny McBride is in this one and does a great job again, those of you who have seen Hot Rob should immediately recognize him and enjoy his on-screen antics; this guy has a bright future and I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work. Overall, not bad a bad flick, worth a look.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Hey, screw you guys! Top Gun is a good movie!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Life as a House the other day and then I saw Rambo 4 tonight...which was actually kinda cool.

All other viewings of late have Oscar ties and are being listed in the Quack/Yuke thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Hey, screw you guys! Top Gun is a good movie!
    Tagged appropriately.

Is Rambo 4 the new one? I hardly heard anything about it being out if it is.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yes, "Rambo" is the current movie in theaters as of yesterday...aka Rambo 4, First Blood Part 4, etc.

Basically Slick, the series has one of the most effed up title systems of all times:

First Blood
    Rambo: First Blood Part II
    Rambo III
    Rambo

So really, the 4th movie has the same title as the 2nd movie, only shorter of a title.