Page 144 of 437 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 4364
    Just got through watching The Bourne Ultimatum. F'ing awesome!!! Quite possibly the best one so far, superseding the first. I know, its a close call, but man, the third was simply amazing. I'm well aware that I said it this not to long ago, but damn is this a good franchise!!! And Chux, and whomever else is not watching it, is definitely missing out. The movie definitely deserves nods in the Best Editing, Best Sound, and Best Sound Editing, but I could give it nods in other categories as well. Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to more movies as long as they keep up the superior quality and keep Doug Liman and Paul Greengrass involved with the production/direction. Outstanding movie, superb trilogy!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Been watching a Dr. Who marathon and Torchwood Marathon
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Just got through watching The Bourne Ultimatum. F'ing awesome!!! Quite possibly the best one so far, superseding the first. I know, its a close call, but man, the third was simply amazing. I'm well aware that I said it this not to long ago, but damn is this a good franchise!!! And Chux, and whomever else is not watching it, is definitely missing out. The movie definitely deserves nods in the Best Editing, Best Sound, and Best Sound Editing, but I could give it nods in other categories as well. Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to more movies as long as they keep up the superior quality and keep Doug Liman and Paul Greengrass involved with the production/direction. Outstanding movie, superb trilogy!!!
    Agreed 100%. Love this series. Got better with each movie. I'd almost be worried if they make #4 because Ultimatum would be tough to top.

I finally watched 3:10 to Yuma last night. Really good - definitely on my Top 10 of 2007. Outstanding performances from Bale and Crowe as usual, but Ben Foster gets better and better with each movie he's in.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I briefly started the first season of Six Feet Under this past weekend, but had to turn it off to get some work done.

I did pick up Curb Your Enthusiasm season 6 today and with one episode in, i'm laughing my silly a-- off. I love this show. Larry David is one of my heroes.

I'm tempted to change my avatar/profile to Larry, but i'm also leaning towards something LOST related. We'll see.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I refuse to watch those because I'll laugh my butt off at the idea of Matt Damon as an action star.

"It's hunting season!"
    Matt Damon is an action star now? Have I been alseep under a rock somehwere? Actually, one of my buddies keeps trying to loan me his Bourne movies, but I'm a little hesitant to the thought of Damon as an action hero. He was good in Dogma though.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Watched The Man with Two Brains last night starring Steve Martin...good Carl Reiner film. Enjoyed it a lot.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Watched The Number 23 last night. Better than I thought it would be.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Watched Stardustthis morning. Pretty good movie, better than I thought it would be.

Just finished season 6 of CURB and it was HYSTERICAL. It felt kinda different from previous seasons, but i was laughing my arse off the entire time. The finale alone almost had me in tears. I'm curious to see how season 7 will begin. In fact, i've decided to dedicate my profile/avatar to Larry. CYE fans will appreciate it.

I also got my first three films from Netflix as I just joined this week. I'll have blurbs for you on those later in the weekend.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I saw There Will Be Blood last night. I thought it was an excellent movie, and I can see why it got so many Oscar nominations. Daniel Day-Lewis was excellent as an oil tycoon whose morality deteriorates the wealthier he gets. It's a similar situation that sort of reminded me of "The Aviator", but unlike "The Aviator", "There Will Be Blood" actually kept my attention. Daniel Day-Lewis gives a really great performance here, probably the best I've seen of his (I had only seen him in "Gangs Of New York" and "The Last of the Mohicans" before this). The most saddening aspect of his life is the deterioration of his relationship with his young son, whom he constantly abandons. The brother from "Little Miss Sunshine" is also in this as a preacher/faith healer who constantly asks for money from Day-Lewis's character, only to be abused in return. There is a really great scene at the end where Day-Lewis explains oil drainage to Eli (the preacher) and personifies it as drinking a milkshake. He says, "If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw, and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake, I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!" It sounds incredibly cheesy on paper, but Daniel Day-Lewis makes it work. He's just that good. And frankly, if he hadn't been in the movie, I'm sure it wouldn't have been nearly as good. I'd still say Johnny Depp deserves an Oscar for "Sweeney Todd", but if he loses to Daniel Day-Lewis I won't lose any sleep over it. As for Best Picture, as much as I enjoyed "No Country For Old Men", I'd have to give the slight edge to "There Will Be Blood" because of Daniel Day-Lewis's performance. I think you all should check this out.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]