Page 149 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 4392
    That was good. Bill Hader's one funny dude. The Anton Chigurh cameo was priceless.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I just watched Lifewith Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. I know its an older movie, but it was alright. Had some funny moments, probably one of Eddie Murphys last funny roles.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It kinda went on way too long, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, it could have been shorter, but on a day like today where there is nothing else worth while watching, it was good.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

About to watch the NASCAR race if it ever goes off.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Watched Snatch again last night. fantastic movie. really grips you and drags you along wit all the shenanigans. much better than lock stock and two smoking barrels. Snatch is a far less self conscious movie with excellent editing and for a low budget movie delivers far more than any blockbuster action movie. it has characters you can relate to. situations that seem as though they could actually happen rather than the usual fare of big explosions and physics defying stunts.
    Snatch entertained me. stayed within the bounds of credible and I just love the character og Bricktop. it takes some acting to be that mean and callous and maintain a non pantomime villain credibility.
    Boris the Russian is fantastic.

Followed Snatch up with Boogie Nights. well two thirds of it. the infernal dvd player decided to die at the point where Dirk Diggler starts to make it big in the eighties. dam shame coz i love the part where Alfred Molina goes ape with the gun.
    I actually sat and watched the movie with an eye to detail seeing as i've seen it so many times before. the use of colours as sybolism is neat. the scene where Jack horner first meets Eddie Adams/Diggler where the kitchen is painted green and Horner is dressed in red while Adams wears white. just brilliant. not clever. very obvious but brilliant all the same.
    Definitely one of Burt Reynolds best performances as Horner. And i know i've said that before here. I genuinely think Reynolds was perfectly cast.
    my only criticism of the movie is the playing up of period objects like the 8-track in the hi-fi store and the stuff Eddie shows Amber in his new apartment. we already bought into the fact it's a period piece, it just felt like hammering the point home with zero subtlety.
    end of the day i could watch Boogie nights over and over and still see more with each viewing. As an ensemble piece everyone gets time to shine and each character is excellently drawn and portrayed. It's just a movie you can almost touch and smell. (not always a good thing) it's a movie that transports you as a viewer to weird and wonderful world that's not fantasy and evokes a warm fuzzy nostalgia while at the same time alternately punching you in the guts and making you laugh.
    hard to believe it was made over ten years ago.

Watching the NASCAR race on a Monday afternoon...
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Watched Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore) earlier today. Absolutely love this movie. Afterwards I watched the new Death is Beautiful featurette, which was pretty good, and quite informative. Anna Falchi is a goddess.

I received a couple Netflix movies today, one is 30 Days of Night, which I am really looking forward to. The second is Beowulf.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    my only criticism of the movie is the playing up of period objects like the 8-track in the hi-fi store
    That's because you didn't get it with the TK-421 option, which we install right here in the store. At the risk of beign branded hopeless, I didn't tell everyone at the time I got that reference!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Watched Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore) earlier today. Absolutely love this movie. Afterwards I watched the new Death is Beautiful featurette, which was pretty good, and quite informative. Anna Falchi is a goddess.

I received a couple Netflix movies today, one is 30 Days of Night, which I am really looking forward to. The second is Beowulf.
    Damn you, that's why there is a SHORT WAIT for those two films on my queue! hehehehheeh I actually need to send back my last three flicks all of which I finished watching tonight. One was MST3K, but the others:

"Nosferatu"- the original vampire flick is fun to watch for its technical aspects and the use of light and shadow, but the actual story and plot are all over the place and the ending is incredibly bad. I respect the flick for its legacy and what it did for film, but man o man, is it bad. rating- ** out of ****

"Gone Baby Gone"- Ben Affleck's directorial debut is a tense, noir style crime mystery flick about a private eye who is hired to find a missing girl. I really enjoyed this film: it always kept me guessing and the ending is sure to spark debate. I highly recommend this flick!- rating- ***1/2 out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"