Page 150 of 440 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 4392
    I watched the following over the last few weeks:

License to Wed - was ok, funniest part is with the mechanical babies. Robin Williams was funny in this one.

Mr. Brooks - I liked it except the ending. Ending was really bad.

Good Luck Chuck - was average. Alba is always nice to look at. Pretty nice sex scenes in it if you are into that. Not Alba thought ... Doh!

Rescue Dawn - this was dissapointing. Dragged on too much. I expected a better movie.

American Gangster - this was ok. Kinda dissapointing actually. I expected it to be more brutal.

Watched these again (was sick for a week)
    300 - Awesome movie!

Miracle - Great!

Longest Day - was on AMC, good for an older movie before the age of special effects that make it more real. I tend to laugh at death scenes because they are so cliched.

Hamburger Hill - good Vietnam flick.

watched the breakfast club again. appalling script by todays standards but effective as a teen movie i guess. horrible moments include Emelio Estevez dancing and the prettying up of Ally Sheedy's character near the end. I guess i've always hated happy endings because in life there are none so it seems cruel to display them so brazenly in movies and give people false hope.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    watched the breakfast club again. appalling script by todays standards but effective as a teen movie i guess. horrible moments include Emelio Estevez dancing and the prettying up of Ally Sheedy's character near the end. I guess i've always hated happy endings because in life there are none so it seems cruel to display them so brazenly in movies and give people false hope.
    Jesus. Somebody needs a hug and a pick me up bouquet!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

haha. Oh i'm not a miserable dude with that statement. just don't see happiness as anything other than a transitory fleeting thing. I don't believe happiness is a lasting state. but contentment is. contented endings are believable. but movie makers rarely go that route. it's either insanely upbeat and false or terribly depressing and contrived to make you feel that way. open endings and endings that just fizzle out are more realistic. i find those more satisfying because they leave me room to ponder.

I watched part of American Idol last night, but tuned out early since it was boring. This season sucks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tuned into Dante's Peak, with Pierce Brosnan...it was a so-so flick.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I watched The Rock today. Hadnt watched it in 10 years. Nicholas Cage is a horrid actor. Thank god Connery and Harris made up for his performance(if you call it that)
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The Magnificent Seven again. That movie is a bloody masterpiece.

Greatest line ever, after Britt shoots a guy off his horse at some ungodly distance:
    Chico: That's the best shot I've ever seen!
    Britt: Worst. I was aiming at the horse.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Back to the Future in HD on CinemaxHD
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Damn you, that's why there is a SHORT WAIT for those two films on my queue! hehehehheeh
    Sending 30 Days back tomorrow, so it may speed up your wait time, but I doubt it.

Speaking of which, watched 30 Days of Night earlier today. I really enjoyed this movie, for the most part. The couple beefs I have are with the time-line, and the ending. The time-line one is rather understandable, but it seemed like days were passing on a random basis. One frame would be 7 days in, the next would be like 18, without anything to signify or denote a changing of the day or days. So this was kind of strange, but nothing that really takes away from the film; obnoxious maybe, but like I said, understandable (given the movie takes place over a span of 30 days). Just looks like they would have done it a little different. Anyways, moving along. The ending was... meh. I'm not going to go in depth here, because of spoilers, but I enjoyed the ending on one level, but didn't like it on another. The acting was ok for a horror movie, nothing special. Ben Foster was great though, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite (lesser-known) actors. The vampires were really cool. The movie was good fun, good for a couple of scares, lots of blood and gore and some pretty killer special effects, pun intended.

While watching the movie I decided that it is kind of like The Descent mixed with The Thing; really good creepy monsters that attack with a vengeance and a very desolate wintry environment/location. If this sounds good to you, then you will probably enjoy the movie, like I did.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."