Page 155 of 433 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 4323
    Just finished up I Am Legend. I dug it.
    Even though they basically just took elements from the original story, they used them well to make a good story.

The infected were pretty well done. I liked the way they were semi-reimagined as vampire/zombies as opposed to your run-of-the-mill vampire in the novel.

I didn't have any problems with the CG (some of it looked CG, but I thought it was forgivable), but I did see on my tv, rather than a theater screen.

The only thing that bugged me was whole Fred/trap thing. It did seem that the infected set the entire thing up, IMO. Despite the shock of seeing Fred it would have been pretty stupid of Robert to walk right into his own trap. Besides, where Fred was placed was too convenient for the trap. I wish that had been explained somehow.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Watched "I am Legend" yesterday. Very solid flick...at the beginning I got a little frustrated because I had no idea what was going on, but as it progressed and it revealed the backstory, I thought it was great.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Had a headache the last few days....watched a lot of March Madness, that was probably the source of it.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

"The Invasion"- very medicore remake of "invasion of the body snatchers" that tries to be a horror film and a political one. Neither of which work very well. Still, there are some exciting scenes, but they're all "been there, done that." Rating- ** out of ****

"My Kid Could Paint That"- very interesting doc about four year old post modern painter Marla Olmstead. The film examines her work and the claims for and against its realism. It's 3/4 a good film as it begins to falter when the director makes himself a primary character. Still, it's worth a watch if you enjoy art or postmodernism. Rating- *** out of ****

other than that, i'm truckin' along with my several month long marathon of "The X-Files." About half way done with season four!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    "My Kid Could Paint That"- very interesting doc about four year old post modern painter Marla Olmstead. The film examines her work and the claims for and against its realism. It's 3/4 a good film as it begins to falter when the director makes himself a primary character. Still, it's worth a watch if you enjoy art or postmodernism. Rating- *** out of ****
    Been kinda wanting to see that for a while now, but hadn't heard much about it, good or bad.
    Glad to hear its worth watching.

About the title, that "argument" always ticks me off (as does "Big deal. I could've done that.").
    But the thing is - you/they didn't do it and based on you staetment, you don't understand anything about it, you uncultured swine! [/soapbox]

(that rant wasn't directed at you JMG. It was directed at the ignorant people who say things like that)

===============================

I watched Formula 51 for the first time in a while today. Not sure what it is, but I really like the movie. Every character is over the top and ridiculous. And Sam Jackson is a bad-*ss in a kilt.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I saw 21 a few days ago in a sneak preview thing. I didn't really expect to like it but it ended up being pretty good. One of my friends I saw it with nearly s*** himself when he realized he knew how to do the math they were using to count cards, so now he wants to go do it. But, if you were on the fence about it or something, I would suggest this one.

I watched December Boys today since my sister wanted to see Daniel Radcliffe, I guess. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. All the acting and such was good, it's just the story had no direction for what seemed like a very long time.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Been kinda wanting to see that for a while now, but hadn't heard much about it, good or bad.
    Glad to hear its worth watching.

About the title, that "argument" always ticks me off (as does "Big deal. I could've done that.").
    But the thing is - you/they didn't do it and based on you staetment, you don't understand anything about it, you uncultured swine! [/soapbox]

(that rant wasn't directed at you JMG. It was directed at the ignorant people who say things like that)
    hahahah no worries. I know what you mean about people saying that. Hell, i'm a composition instructor and been teaching for a few years. It seems that EVERYBODY has their own two cents about creating a lesson plan, syllabus, and dealing with students, etc. And when I ask them how long they've been teaching, oddly enough, they've never taught before. Many folks think they can do something better than their neighbor; sad, but true.

The flick has something like a 94% fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes, so it got a lot of good reviews. I just had issues with the director stepping in about 45 min into the flick. And some of the people that surround Marla aren't good people at all. If you see the flick, you'll see what i mean.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I watched Alien vs. Predator last night, sort of in preparation for the second one that comes out in a couple of weeks. This movie was meh, it certainly has its flaws. But the more I watch it I actually enjoy it, despite consistently laughing at several of the scenes.

I also watched Blood Diamond. Love this movie, fantastic.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Finished Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania 2...in preparation of Wrestlemania XXIV this weekend.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!