Page 157 of 427 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 4264
    "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"- Very enjoyable film, but I dont' think it was nearly the life changing event that many said it was. I did enjoy it quite a bit though as it had some good music and dark humor in it. But c'mon, Depp didn't deserve the oscar nod for this one. STill, I enjoyed it. *** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Just watched American Gangster. Really good flick. Liked it alot. Russel Crowe and Denzel were great in it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My brother watched American Gangster today for the first time and he absolutely loved it, said it was awesome and was definitely snubbed in a few categories at the Academy Awards. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watch LOTR: Two Towers last night on TNT.

Just reinforced my belief that Sean Astin was overlooked by his Hollywood colleagues when it came to their self-serving awards season.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    But c'mon, Depp didn't deserve the oscar nod for this one.
    While I think that Sweeney is nowhere near the greatest of Johnny's characters (for me that would be a tie between Jack Sparrow and Raoul Duke), I definitely think that Depp deserves an Oscar for something. I think the Academy recognizes that too, and nominating him was their way of saying "hang in there". But the way I see it, it didn't even matter who else was nominated because of Daniel Day-Lewis.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Just a heads up: the packaging for both versions of THERE WILL BE BLOOD are scratching the hell out of the DVD's as they're packed in cardboard sleeves. I assume paramount/miramax are getting lots of complaints, even one from myself. I'll let you folks know if anything happens.

I don't know whose brilliant idea it was though. Schmucks.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Just a heads up: the packaging for both versions of THERE WILL BE BLOOD are scratching the hell out of the DVD's as they're packed in cardboard sleeves. I assume paramount/miramax are getting lots of complaints, even one from myself. I'll let you folks know if anything happens.

I don't know whose brilliant idea it was though. Schmucks.
    I saw those at Wal-Mart. It's like they were too cheap to fork out cash for proper DVD cases.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I watched Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (theatrical version) last night and thought it was great. Lots of funny moments and lines and some awesome cameos/appearances. Love some John C. Reilly, I thought he did great in the lead role. Also love some Jenna Fischer (who was looking damned fine btw) and Kristen Wiig. Definitely gonna check out the unrated version in the near future, but I believe I heard where it wasn't as good as the theatrical version?!?!?! Anyways, I really enjoyed the movie. Thought it was very good and funny.

And I can't wait to try that horse gesture before making sexy time.... some time.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched 1408 and Silent Hill the other day.

Also watched I think I love my Wife. I tought it would be funny given Chris Rock and Steve Buchemi, but I couldnt have been more wrong. Horrid movie.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Other than watching movies for the comedy challenge, I've been watching a bunch of Deadliest Catch episodes and specials on Discovery HD. New season starts up tomorrow night which I will definitely be watching; great show!