Page 16 of 431 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Is that the Criterion version of Amy, JimJam? I noticed again how horrible the picture quality is on that...maybe this should go in the "deserved better" thread.

Life Aquatic

The Island

Jason goes to Hell
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Is that the Criterion version of Amy, JimJam? I noticed again how horrible the picture quality is on that...maybe this should go in the "deserved better" thread.
    Yup that be it, if you listen to the start of the commentary ol Bobby says "F DVD"! . I'm hope there will be a 10 year release coming out next year.

Somewhere In Time, the Richard Matheson fantasy about a playwright (Christopher Reeve) who wills himself back in time to meet the woman of his dreams (Jane Seymour). Watch for author Matheson in the 1912 sequence, he plays the "astonished man" who dismisses Reeve's shaving ability.

Into the West, a 12-hour mini-series that follows two families - one white, the other Lakota - over the course of 1825-1891 during the migration and settling of the American West.

Having relatively low expectations for V for Vendetta, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Though I'll probably will never watch it again, I did nevertheless enjoy my first viewing.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Donnie Darko and another instalment in the Horatio Hornblower saga for me today.

Saw Closer last night. I was surprised to see Padme smoking, I hope she wasn't pregnant with Luke & Leia at the time. Though judging from her dancing at the club, Anakin's one lucky guy.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic View Post
    Saw Closer last night. I was surprised to see Padme smoking, I hope she wasn't pregnant with Luke & Leia at the time. Though judging from her dancing at the club, Anakin's one lucky guy.
    Yes.....yes he was.

I've watched 6 or so episodes from the new House Season 2 dvd. Great stuff!

AND... I finally finished the first season of Deadwood last night, the last 4 episodes. Needless to say, that show is f**king awesome and I can't wait to dive into the second season!!!!! I may start it today, although I have some movies I should probably watch first. i.e. Silent Hill and the Posiedon(sp?) Adventure.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Phew, lord, consider how i just got my cable installed at my new apartment, my DVD collection has been spent. In no order:

The Life Aquatic
    Royal Tenenbaums
    Simpsons s.8
    Sealab 2021 s4
    King Kong (2005)
    V for Vendetta
    Freaks & Geeks
    Arrested Development s1-2
    40 year old Virgin
    28 days later
    Batman Begins
    Jurassic Park
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    Clerks
    Mallrats
    Chasing Amy
    Dogma
    Robot Chicken, s1.

I think that nearly sums it up.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"