Page 162 of 433 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 4328
    Watched 12 Monkeys earlier today for the first time in, oh, I don't know, 10+ years. So it felt like a first viewing. Anyways, I really enjoy(ed) this movie, thought it was great.

I also started watching Arrested Development. My brother got me all three seasons for Christmas last year and I have yet to watch the show. I've only looked at a few episodes in the past (never really paying attention), so I don't know much about it (characters, plots, etc); with exception to it being hilarious and getting canned. Anyways, so I watched the first 5 episodes today and thought it was great! Can't wait to watch more eps, may try to squeeze a couple more in before I goto sleep tonight.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Arrested Development is honestly the best TV show of the last decade. Well, tied for best with Deadwood. And both were prematurely cancelled after three seasons! What a coinkidink!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A TV movie adaptation of Terry Pratchett's 'The colour of magic' and 'The light fantastic'. starring Sean Astin, Tim Curry, Nigel Planer (Neil from The Young Ones) and loads of actors I've never seen before. Terrible terrible adaptation. Rincewind was woefully miscast and Sean Astin had about as much life to him as a piece of kelp. some nice design work but shoddy CGI. The pace was dreary and the action sequences dull.

Watched "Sweeney Todd" last night. It actually wasn't horrible even though the singing was just stupid. I think if it didn't have the annoying singing in it I would have enjoyed it much more.

Recently saw "The Mist" and "No Country for Old Men". Enjoyed The Mist more even though the ending was horrible. Love the way you see poeple turn on each other in desperate times.
    "No Country for Old Men" was good too but the ending was strange and loose-ended. Doesn't real wrap up the film well in my opinion.

Have "We Have the Night" too that I plan on watching tonight or tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by vader121 View Post
    Watched "Sweeney Todd" last night. It actually wasn't horrible even though the singing was just stupid. I think if it didn't have the annoying singing in it I would have enjoyed it much more.

Recently saw "The Mist" and "No Country for Old Men". Enjoyed The Mist more even though the ending was horrible. Love the way you see poeple turn on each other in desperate times.
    "No Country for Old Men" was good too but the ending was strange and loose-ended. Doesn't real wrap up the film well in my opinion.

Have "We Have the Night" too that I plan on watching tonight or tomorrow night.
    I loved THE MIST and the ending as well. My jaw dropped. And NO COUNTRY's ending is supposed to be pretty open and loose ended, it's part of the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Arrested Development is honestly the best TV show of the last decade. Well, tied for best with Deadwood. And both were prematurely cancelled after three seasons! What a coinkidink!
    AD is definitely one of the best shows of not only the last decade, but ever.

my movies:

Iron Man- ***1/2 out of ****
    Speed Racer- ** out of ****- too long, uneven and cluttered.
    American Gangster- *** out of ****- predictable, formulaic, but the performances are really strong and make the film very enjoyable.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I forgot to mention in this thread that I also saw "Speed Racer" recently. I found it enjoyable, but as far as 2008 movies go, "Iron Man" is still tops.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I watched a great special on PBSHD the other night, The Adirondacks. Hopefully I wasn't the only one to catch it, but it was done very well, they went into detail about all four seasons and how people live/lived off the land and how the residents think about possible changes. Really interesting stuff.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I've been watching all three Pirates of the Caribbean films on Starz. They've been showing a 24 hour marathon. And I think either tonight or tomorrow I'll watch Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Watched Juno yesterday. Pretty good movie. I liked it. The humor reminded me of Napolean Dynamite a bit.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Munich and The Departed. Or as I like to call it: everybody dies except for the New Kid.