Page 197 of 435 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 4347
    A miner on an asteroid discovers an ancient key that unlocks an ages old evil in the animated film Heavy Metal 2000. Driven insane by the key’s alien energies, he cuts a bloody swath across the galaxy in his quest to find the place the key unlocks, a temple containing an elixir of immortality. He’s finally stopped by a buxom female warrior bent on avenging the man’s destruction of her settlement. Based on a graphic novel by Kevin "TMNT" Eastman and Simon Bisley, the film features the voice talents of Michael Ironside, Billy Idol, and B-movie queen and former Penthouse Pet Julie Strain. Although not a bad story, the film’s soundtrack doesn’t quite measure up to the fantastic compilation put together for it’s 1981 predecessor, Heavy Metal.

At work this morning I watched Greedy, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Men of Honor, and A Few Good Men. Clearly I accomplished a lot.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    At work this morning I watched Greedy, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Men of Honor, and A Few Good Men. Clearly I accomplished a lot.
    Don't forget to add A Few Good Men to your Oscar list.

The past couple weeks I have watched some new movies. The Dark Knight; awesome!!! Plan on watching this one again real soon, for the Oscar challenge. Saw V, another good installment, though I liked IV better. Iron Man, really enjoyed this one. RDJr did a real good job.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

[font=haettenschweiler]Double Feature![/font]

A colonel (Christopher Lee) with the British government enlists the aid of a renowned pathologist (Peter Cushing) when a series of deaths leads to a startling discovery at an isolated orphanage in the engaging 1973 horror mystery Nothing But the Night. During their investigation, Lee and Cushing soon learn that the aging, wealthy orphanage trustees are transferring their consciousness and memories to the young orphans and then destroying their old bodies in staged accidents and apparent suicides. Also features a young Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore) as a police inspector.

The 101st Airborne "Screaming Eagles" hold Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge in 1949’s Battleground. Decent war movie but a bit tame by today’s standards. Like many Hollywood war movies of its time, Battleground is populated with stereotypical characters cracking wise in typical soldier banter. Van Johnson, John Hodiak, and Ricardo Montalban star.

Saw V - Awesome

Rest Stop - Sucked

Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Smallville, Burn Notice, Bones, Fringe, 24...all the great new season episodes! Plus I have been watching the new Glenn Beck show on Foxnews.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Plus I have been watching the new Glenn Beck show on Foxnews.
    The same alcoholic Glenn Beck that used to have a show on CNN? Seems like FOX News is seducing everyone to the dark side.

I don't care for these news commentary talk shows. I kinda liked the old days when some bubblehead behind a desk just recycled the same news items every hour. Now I've got to wade through all these talk shows to learn the day's headlines.

Creepy innkeeper "Coffin Joe" (Josť Mojica Marins) welcomes the recently deceased to his hotel in the truly bizarre Brazilian film Strange Hostel of Naked Pleasures from 1975. People arrive at the hotel and find that they were not only expected, but their names are already on the check-in register. A man turned away by the innkeeper returns the next morning to find that the "hotel" where he was refused a room the previous night is actually a cemetery in the light of day.

I watched The Strangers last night. It was quite good and creepy.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

A dying black matriarch summons her last four living relatives to her sprawling mansion in 1974’s blaxploitation flick The House on Skull Mountain. The descendants include two black women, a jive-talking black man, and a white male anthropologist - the "honky in the wood pile" to quote the film - played by Victor French. Upon arriving, the four find the old woman has died, but has left a cryptic warning that their lives are in danger. Evil is afoot as one by one they fall victim to Voodoo magic until the token honky saves the day.

I've been watching Smallville all day....started with season one a couple days ago, on season two now.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!