Page 207 of 427 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 4264
    WOW, "Quarantine" was awesome! I'm glad I opted to buy it!
    May the force be with you.

I watched An Evening Harder With Kevin Smith a few days ago, (still) great stuff!

Saw Goodnight America, A Final Night with George W. Bush on HBO. Has its moments, and for no particular reason I lost all sensibility and almost passed out from laughing about the secret project from Ft Bragg.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch last night at a free screening, and the director/star, John Cameron Mitchell, talked afterwards. He's also going to speak in my film class today. It was a pretty good movie and his talk was interesting.

I also watched AOTC with my roommates last night, starting at around midnight, which is the latest I've ever started a SW film, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch last night at a free screening, and the director/star, John Cameron Mitchell, talked afterwards. He's also going to speak in my film class today. It was a pretty good movie and his talk was interesting.
    I'm a bit jealous you got to meet JCM. I'm a huge fan of his Hedwig follow-up, Shortbus.

Hedwig is one movie I've wanted to see for a long time and have been trying to track down the DVD locally for a while now. It's out of print and I'm trying not to order it online since the prices are just so-so for a used copy.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I'm a bit jealous you got to meet JCM. I'm a huge fan of his Hedwig follow-up, Shortbus.

Hedwig is one movie I've wanted to see for a long time and have been trying to track down the DVD locally for a while now. It's out of print and I'm trying not to order it online since the prices are just so-so for a used copy.
    I didn't meet him one-on-one or anything but hearing him talk was really interesting. He talked not just about film but a lot of other stuff as well particularly sexuality (imagine that). He's quite frank. In talking about his other work, he mentioned that he voiced the Dunkaroos kangaroo back in the day, which was quite a surprise to me as I loved those damn things.

Anyway, yeah, Hedwig was really good, if really odd. I've only seen some of Shortbus (watching it with someone about a year ago and mostly marveling at the crazy sex scenes but not watching the actual story, unfortunately).

Watched Role Models last night. Had me laughing alot
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I saw a sneak preview of Adventureland tonight. Not bad, but not as much humor as I had hoped; it's more of a straight-up love story with some funny secondary characters. It was good for what it was, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I've only seen some of Shortbus (watching it with someone about a year ago and mostly marveling at the crazy sex scenes but not watching the actual story, unfortunately).
    Aside from the J. C. Mitchell and Hedwig fans, the big draw of Shortbus was the sex, which I admit, got my attention. My wife and I happened to be in Chicago and saw it during it's theatrical run. After the initial shock of the film's reality wore off I really got into the movie and enjoyed it quite a bit as a character film and it ended up as one of my favorite movies of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Watched Role Models last night. Had me laughing alot
    The little kid (Ronnie) was hysterical, as was the movie in general.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Ronnie was killer. Dont touch my hang down.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten