Page 209 of 426 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 4257
    I pretty much though W. sucked. Not because of the subject but because of the cartoonish way each of the characters were portrayed. I just couldn't get into it. I watched the whole thing from start to finish, but it was poorly done IMO. At times it felt very rushed and at other times it just dragged on. I had hoped it would be a more serious film with....I don't know....maybe some real insight. No such luck.

I have no such expectations for Maher's piece, just good funny entertainment.

Media Malpractice was good, not as good as I had hoped, but enlightening at times. My favorite part was when they show the media crying about people like Ann Coulter using Obama's middle name and how she was spreading "hate". Then immediately after Obama was elected, MSNBC with joyful tear swelled eyes proudly proclaim "Barack Hussein Obama is the 44th President of the United States." ROTFLMAO Not trying to get political, but it was pretty funny to watch.
    May the force be with you.

Watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High last night on HBO featuring future Academy Award winners Sean Penn, Forrest Whitaker, and Nicholas Cage (who is credited as Nicholas Coppola and is almost invisible in the film).

Many other future stand-outs like Judge Reinhold, Eric Stoltz, Phoebe Cates, Anthony Edwards, and Jennifer Jason Leigh are in it. Fun surprises like Nancy Wilson of Heart pop up in a cameo.

It's one of those films I'll go out of my way to watch if I know it's on.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

TeeEye: I loved Phoebe Cates in that ONE SCENE in Fast Times - you know which one I'm talking about (when she's getting out of the swimming pool!!! )

Every time I hear The Cars "In Stereo" I think of that scene.

I don't believe she's had a steller career after that though. I looked her up on IMDB.com and there's not that much I know of. I could be uninformed though.

Sith_Killer: I thought that Oliver Cromwell's portrayal of George H.W. Bush was very respectful and it would seem Oliver Stone also respected that first President Bush. For a more realistic portrayal of the younger President Bush, see "Harold and Kumar Escape Guantanamo."

Actually it amazes me that "Harold" is going to be playing Lt. Sulu in the new Star Trek.

Kirk: "Warp speed now, Mister Sulu, or the Romulans will have us all dead!"

Sulu: Hang on just a minute there, Captain, Sir. Have you seen my big bag of weed? I had it right here at the Conn Station just a minute ago. Hey wait a minute? Where is Chekov and why isn't he at his station?"

Sith_Killer: I thought that Oliver Cromwell's portrayal of George H.W. Bush was very respectful and it would seem Oliver Stone also respected that first President Bush.
    I agree Cromwell did a very good job, Bush Sr. was the least cartoonish character in the movie, but even he had his moments, esp. during his loss to Clinton. That aside Cromwell did the only real acting in the film IMO. There were times I wasn't sure if I was watching "W" or "An American Carol".
    May the force be with you.

watched Dragon wars tonight. it was the most carpy movie i could dig out for a 'don't have to think about it' evening. truly awful movie in every sense. they couldn't have crammed any more ripped off movie moments in there if they tried. It did prove to me however that jason Behr really IS just a pretty face with no talent. still it's always cool to see a major city being torn apart whether it's by some sort of dinosaur or dragon or military misfire.

I've watched two movies in the last few days.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas - When a Nazi officer is promoted and transferred, he moves his family into a new house in the country. One day as the officer's child is exploring the wooded are behind the house he comes across another boy with a shaved head wearing "pajamas" behind a large barbed wire fence and the boys strike up a friendship where they slowly learn about each other.
    A very powerful and moving movie with amazing performances by the children. Seeing the Holocaust through a child's eyes is haunting.

Punisher War Zone - or How To Ruin A Character. Terrible story, terrible acting, terrible make-up, terrible...everything. It made me want to cry that a character with so much potential could be handled so poorly and destroyed so easily. The people that made the movie have no idea what makes The Punisher work. They probably flipped through the MAX series and said "Ah ha! Violence! That's all we need!"
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas - When a Nazi officer is promoted and transferred, he moves his family into a new house in the country. One day as the officer's child is exploring the wooded are behind the house he comes across another boy with a shaved head wearing "pajamas" behind a large barbed wire fence and the boys strike up a friendship where they slowly learn about each other.
    A very powerful and moving movie with amazing performances by the children. Seeing the Holocaust through a child's eyes is haunting.
    I have a good friend that rented this the other night. She had wanted to see it in the theaters but when we tried to go, we found out that we'd just missed it.

I haven't asked her what she thought yet. I've gotten more interested myself now, thanks to Rocketboy's post.

I wanted to see it in theaters also, but it only played in my area for like a week.
    After my mom bought it and said how much she liked it my wife and I tried to rent it nearly everyday for a week and a half, but the video stores were always out.
    Since we just got our tax money we ended up just buying it and I'm glad we did. It's not a movie I'll watch often, but I think it is worth owning.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Punisher War Zone - or How To Ruin A Character. Terrible story, terrible acting, terrible make-up, terrible...everything. It made me want to cry that a character with so much potential could be handled so poorly and destroyed so easily. The people that made the movie have no idea what makes The Punisher work. They probably flipped through the MAX series and said "Ah ha! Violence! That's all we need!"
    The Tom Jane Punisher is still my favorite (not like there are too many to choose from anyway), but War Zone had some enjoyable parts to it IMO. I liked how War Zone jumped into the mob aspect.
    I also agree with you though on the acting....I liked Ray Stephenson from the Rome series, but he brought nothing significant to the Punisher character. I do think "Looney Bin Jim" was the most entertaining of them all.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Former fighter pilot Ted Blake (Robert Hays) must face his fears and land a commercial airliner in the classic 1980 disaster-parody movie Airplane! Julie Hagerty is Hays’ stewardess girlfriend; Peter Graves is the homoerotic pilot who takes ill by eating the in-flight fish meal, and Robert Stack is Blake’s former commanding officer called in to talk him through the landing. Also features Leslie Nielson as a doctor-passenger who delivers his comic lines with a deadpan grim-faced stoicism.

Evil Galactic President Skroob (Mel Brooks) sends henchmen Colonel Sandurs and Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) to kidnap spoiled Princess Vespa (Daphne Zuniga) in order to ransom her for her planet’s precious atmosphere in the 1987 Star Wars-spoof Spaceballs. Racing to her rescue in their flying Winnebago, Lone Starr (Bill Pullman) and his co-pilot Barf (John Candy) seek knowledge from Yogurt (Mel Brooks), Master of the Schwartz, to defeat Dark Helmet and save the galaxy.