Page 212 of 433 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 4329
    You know, it's almost unbelievable how the Empire's contractors on such a costly expensive project as a Death Star would first leave an exhaust port open, and then later build their patron's throne room, his physical seat of power from which to command all he can lay his eyes on, with so many open pits down reactor shafts and insufficient railing. I mean what were they thinking? In this day and age, you need to consider the safety of old people when building, especially government facilities.

Changeling, one of the few Angelina Jolie flicks that I enjoyed (incl. Tomb Raider). As a father of three girls this show really hit me hard. Los Angeles circa 1920s is the backdrop and the central plot follows the orruption/ineptitude of the police department during that time. Jolie is a single mother who works as a supervisor at a telephone switchboard. One day she comes home to find that her son is missing. The Changeling is a reference to the boy that the police department finds and says is her son. nevermind the fact that the boy Jolie is given is waaay different than her real son. Verfy good movie. It is truly sinister, but the director did a great job with showing the violence off-screen. The implications were inferred in the dialogue between characters. Made for an intense experience. As a father of three girls, my youngest just turning 15 months, it hit me hard. It was the first movie that I wasn't able to watch from start to finish in one sitting. This took me four nights to watch. Red Box made some money on me this time.

Quantum of Solace. What can I say? If you like Bond you'll like it. If you didn't like previous bonds you may like this one. My wife falls into the later. I fall into the former.

Bolt. After watching Changeling I needed something uplifting. Fun disney adventure about a movie star dog that thinks he is a superhero. Not the best Disney animation, but entertaining.

On the eve of WWII, an elderly professor of languages (Tim Roth) is struck by lightning and becomes forty years younger in Francis Ford Coppola’s enigmatic 2007 film Youth Without Youth. Roth becomes the subject of intense medical interest, especially to agents of the Third Reich. Fleeing to neutral Switzerland, he continues his life-long study of languages, searching for the original mother tongue spoken by the first humans. After the war he falls in love with a young woman who’s suffered a similar fate as his own. After she is struck by lightning she begins recalling past lives and speaks forgotten languages, much to his delight. But as his accident restored his youth, hers comes with a price: she ages prematurely with each past life she relives.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    Changeling, one of the few Angelina Jolie flicks that I enjoyed (incl. Tomb Raider). As a father of three girls this show really hit me hard. Los Angeles circa 1920s is the backdrop and the central plot follows the orruption/ineptitude of the police department during that time. Jolie is a single mother who works as a supervisor at a telephone switchboard. One day she comes home to find that her son is missing. The Changeling is a reference to the boy that the police department finds and says is her son. nevermind the fact that the boy Jolie is given is waaay different than her real son. Verfy good movie. It is truly sinister, but the director did a great job with showing the violence off-screen. The implications were inferred in the dialogue between characters. Made for an intense experience. As a father of three girls, my youngest just turning 15 months, it hit me hard. It was the first movie that I wasn't able to watch from start to finish in one sitting. This took me four nights to watch. Red Box made some money on me this time.
    I thought Changeling was phenomenal! One of the best movies I have seen in a while.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Not feeling very motivated to do much of anything today, I sat down and watched Opie's Apollo 13.

I still like it. I still love Jame Horner's soundtrack.
    ˇQue la fuerza te acompańe!

Successful prize-fighter James Braddock (Russell Crowe) is humbled by the Great Depression but makes a surprising comeback in the mid-1930s and defeats boxing champion Max Baer in Ron Howard’s watchable 2005 biopic Cinderella Man. Renee Zellweger plays Braddcock’s wife and Paul Giamatti is his trainer/manager. (Braddock later loses the title to Joe Louis in 1937).

A titled British woman (Nicole Kidman) falls in love with her cattle drover (Hugh Jackman), mothers a young mixed-race aboriginal boy (Brandon Walters), brings her ranch back from the brink of failure, and survives an attack by the same Japanese fleet that bombed Pearl Harbor in the enjoyable 2008 film Australia.

I watched the Jim Gaffigan special, "King Baby" and it's HYSTERICAL. I enjoyed it a lot more than the "Pale" one he had a few years back. He used the "tiny voice" much less this time around and when he did, it was far funnier. Great stuff!!

And fans of Ghost Hunters and that genre might want to check out my blog as this past weekend my lady and I went on a ghost hunt of an old prison where a film classic was filmed. What classic film? The attached pic should tip you off.

I have two blogs about the evening's activities and incidents. Both entries are public, so you can read both and leave comments. http://whitebrowgigs.livejournal.com/ The first entry has my possible EVP's and the second entry has the evening in full. Hope you enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0895.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	19911  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Today in class we watched Night of the Living Dead due to it being a successful independent 1960's film and all. Some of it was a little goofy and outdated but overall I really liked it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Today in class we watched Night of the Living Dead due to it being a successful independent 1960's film and all. Some of it was a little goofy and outdated but overall I really liked it.
    You have taken your step into a larger world, my young Padawan.

I LOVE Romero's LIVING DEAD films. They're easily my favorite saga of films, ever (yes, beating SW and LOTR). and DAWN OF THE DEAD is my favorite film, ever.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    You have taken your step into a larger world, my young Padawan.

I LOVE Romero's LIVING DEAD films. They're easily my favorite saga of films, ever (yes, beating SW and LOTR). and DAWN OF THE DEAD is my favorite film, ever.
    Nice. There's quite a few movies I want to see, and I'll add these to the list.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram