Page 214 of 433 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 4329
    I saw Slumdog Millionaire today. It was pretty good but honestly nothing to write home about, so I don't see what the fuss really is. My sister bought the DVD and it was one of those damn feature-free discs that was supposed to ship to rental places but got mistakenly sent in regular packaging to stores, so she's going to try to get the correct one as Fox is giving replacements.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

An assassin (Christopher Lee) is gunning for James Bond (Roger Moore) in the 1974 action film The Man with the Golden Gun. Little person Herve Villechaize (Tattoo on TV’s Fantasy Island) stars as Lee’s personal valet. Also features the return of fat southern Sheriff J.W. Pepper (Clifton James), who reprises his “ugly American” role by making fun of the ‘darkies’ while on holiday in Southeast Asia.

An aimless young man (Emilio Estevez) finds success repossessing cars until a strange vehicle with some weird alien energy in the trunk turns up in the offbeat 1984 science fiction film Repo Man. Harry Dean Stanton costars as Estevez’s gruff mentor in the repo business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I saw Slumdog Millionaire today. It was pretty good but honestly nothing to write home about, so I don't see what the fuss really is. My sister bought the DVD and it was one of those damn feature-free discs that was supposed to ship to rental places but got mistakenly sent in regular packaging to stores, so she's going to try to get the correct one as Fox is giving replacements.
    I just finished watching my DVD (I've had it since Tuesday) and I also got a damn rental disc. With screw-ups like this Fox is really going to p*ss people off even more than they already have.

On the movie - I still really like this movie. I love the modern fairy tale aspect.
    I'm still amazed that Fox nearly skipped a theatrical run and just dumped this movie on DVD.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Apparently they handle replacements through 1-888-223-4FOX or http://slumdogdvd.orderassistance.com/. They really screwed this one up, and since this was the first DVD where they differentiated the rental copies from the retail ones, I bet this will happen over and over in the future.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Twilight. My sister-in-law and her husband came up this weekend, and the ladies wanted to see it. I knew it was a chick flick, but, Christ, could there be a single bit of conflict, plot, character development, anything? This movie was so incredibly bland, I hesitate to give it the credit of calling it bad. Sad thing is, the basic idea isn't really a bad one; as much as I hate touchy-feely vampires, there was at least as much potential as with True Blood (which I don't care for, but recognize as being faily well-done). Not a bit of it was realized. Sad, especially for the guy who played Cedric Diggory and who apparently signed the multi-film contract before reading books he decided weren't very good after he finally did read 'em.

Iron Man: The much needed antithesis of the above film, in practically every way. It's sad that Iron Man has never been as cool in comics as in this movie, but the movie's so incredibly awesome, you can't get too sad about it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yesterday I watched Role Models and loved it and ... Still Waiting and.... yeah not as good.

Chuxter: Robert Downey Jr.'s Ironman was indeed awesome. He was perfect for the Tony Stark role and it was a well-written (if not predictable) movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Apparently they handle replacements through 1-888-223-4FOX or http://slumdogdvd.orderassistance.com/. They really screwed this one up, and since this was the first DVD where they differentiated the rental copies from the retail ones, I bet this will happen over and over in the future.
    Thanks. I was going to stop at Best Buy after work tomorrow.
    It doesn't sound like they want the other disc back - All they asked for is some info on the DVD/DVD Case and an address to mail the replacement disc.
    That could also bite them in the *ss - for every copy they screwed up, there could be two copies out there (original and replacement) and the original buyer could give away the extra one, costing Fox a possible sale.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watched Religulous the other day, it was much better than I expected. I actually enjoyed it and found myself laughing and crying at the same time.

I also just finished watching Sex Drive....OMG...fn hilarious!!! I rented it, but now I have to buy it!!!! Seth Green always cracks me up!
    May the force be with you.

In the early 18th century, a captain (John Huston) and his contingent of guides, trappers, and traders haul a boat through the American wilderness in order to travel back home by water once reaching the Missouri in the watchable 1971 “western” Man in the Wilderness. Left for dead by his captain after being mauled by a bear, a hunter (Richard Harris) remarkably survives to track down the man who left him behind.