Page 217 of 427 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 4263
    Thanks for the info. I'll be alright not seeing that one, then. That sounds just like the unrated edition of Superbad, which only had extremely minor differences that didn't really do anything apart from making the movie longer.

A wealthy businessman (Christopher Walken) intends to corner the microchip market by flooding Silicon Valley in the 1985 Bond film A View to a Kill. Bond (Roger Moore) romances both Tanya Roberts and the statuesque “Mayday” (Grace Jones) all the while foiling Walken’s fiendish plot. Also stars Alison Doody (Dr. Elsa Schneider in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) and features the title song performed by Duran Duran.

A trail of fake Faberge Eggs leads British agent James Bond (Roger Moore) to an island of beautiful women and a rogue Soviet general intent of nuking a US Air Force base in West Germany in the decent 1983 thriller Octo*****. Features the song “All Time High.”

Wyatt Earp (Henry Fonda) and Doc Holiday (Victor Mature) romance the same girl and shoot it out with the Clantons and McClaurys at the OK Corral in John Ford’s retelling of the famous gunfight in 1946’s My Darling Clemetine. The 1993 version, Tombstone, is much better.

Unable to find their unit, two Israeli soldiers join a medical transport group evacuating wounded from the front during a 1973 Arab invasion in 2000’s Kippur. Not your typical war movie; in fact, it’s pretty boring as far as war movies go. If you want more info on the war itself, look elsewhere for enlightenment. But it does present a decent depiction of the aggravation and frustration that occurs among soldiers during the “fog of war.”

James Bond (Roger Moore) saves the world from a maniacal supervillian out to destroy the surface dwellers and establish an undersea civilization in in the 1977 action flick The Spy Who Loved Me. Barbara Bach is the Bond girl and the popular henchman "Jaws" (Richard Kiel) returns.

Recently watched:

Bolt
    Fly Me to the Moon
    Escape to Witch Mountain
    Perfect Creature
    The Day the Earth Stood Still (Original)
    The Day the Earth Stood Still (Bill and Ted version)

All worth watching, though the last one is only worth watching for the special effects.
    May the force be with you.

I really enjoyed Bolt, especially in HD. Great film. Still think Wall-E was a better movie from '08 though
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I agree, Wall-E was awesome, the whole family enjoyed it!

We watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind in class today after a lecture on blockbusters and the financial side of the film industry in the late 70s, including, of course, Star Wars and Jaws. I saw this movie a few months ago but I was glad to see it again; like last time, it was the version released on DVD. I picked up on a few things I didn't the last time, like the Pinocchio motif and its significance (though I don't know how significant that was supposed to be).

Ji'dai you picked some good ones:

I liked A View to a Kill very much. Octo***** was alright. The Spy Who Loved Me was one of Bond's best!

I am eventually going to buy ALL the Bond movies. They're pretty tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Ji'dai you picked some good ones:

I liked A View to a Kill very much. Octo***** was alright. The Spy Who Loved Me was one of Bond's best!

I am eventually going to buy ALL the Bond movies. They're pretty tight.
    I grew up with Roger Moore as Bond so I have some nostalgia for his films. I doubt I'll actually buy them though. STARZ channels have been showing a number of Bond films for the last few months so I record and watch them.

---

A group of court-martialed German paratroopers and their commander (Michael Caine) are enlisted by an officer in the High Command (Robert Duvall) to parachute into Britain and kidnap British PM Winston Churchill and return him to Germany in John Sturges’ watchable 1977 war movie The Eagle has Landed. Features Donald Sutherland in a wonderful role as an Irish expatriate who assists the Germans in the operation. Larry Hagman, Treat Williams, and Donald Pleasance (as Henrich Himmler) costar.

Little Carole Ann Freeling is taken by the violent entities that terrorize her family’s home in the excellent 1982 horror film Poltergeist. Craig T. Nelson and JoBeth Williams play Carole Ann’s anguished parents. When the family flees to the safety of a hotel at the end of the film, watch for the sign that says “Welcome Dr. Fantasy,” (or something to that effect) - a reference to the stage persona of producer Frank Marshall, who often does magic tricks and cake dives during his film’s wrap parties.

I bought Quantum of Solace last week on dvd and just got around to watching it. Awesome flick!! Daniel Craig is great as Bond.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I just finished watching the new Dr. Who special "Planet of the Dead" with...

Michelle Ryan!

I highly recommend!