Page 221 of 437 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4363
    The Tramp (Charlie Chaplin) braves the frigid Yukon cold and is forced to make soup from his shoe before striking it rich in the 1925 silent comedy The Gold Rush. This restored version was narrated by Charles Chaplin.

A Harvard-educated marshal (Kris Kristofferson) helps his townspeople fend off an attack from a group of wealthy, elitist ranchers and their personal army in a retelling of the 1892 Johnson County (Wyoming) War in the overlong, often boring 1980 western Heaven’s Gate. Also stars John Hurt as Kristofferson’s former school chum and Christopher Walken as his gun slinging rival for a local ***** (wh0re).
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

During the Great Depression, Woody Guthrie (David Carradine) leaves his wife (Melinda Dillon) and children for California, lives and works among the Okies in the shabby Hoovervilles and shantytowns, and finally finds stardom as a folk radio personality in the 1976 biography Bound for Glory. Ronny Cox plays a union organizer and Randy Quaid is a migrant worker that brought his family west in search of a better life.

Baron Frankenstein (Colin Clive) is forced to help another mad scientist create a mate (Elsa Lanchester) for his original monster (Boris Karloff), who survived the first film and returns to strike terror in local villagers in the 1935 sequel Bride of Frankenstein. Includes the iconic scene with the captive Frankenstein monster chained to a huge chair in the local constabulary’s dungeon, a classic image that’s appeared on everything from t-shirts to toys.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Last night I watched Unforgiven on History Channel. Horribly, horribly edited to make it PC. What a shame! Such butchery of a good movie!

Note to Ji'dai: I love the way you always post your movies with a synopsis!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Saw X Men Origins Wolverine this afternoon. I thought it was a really good movie. I do not think it will be the movie of the summer, but overall I think its a great way to start it off!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Seven Pounds

Wil Smith plays a deeply tramautized person stuggling to come to grips with events he caused. To seek redemption he has made it his goal in life to help several people who have been dealt very crappy hands. While helping these people he finds a woman who he falls in love with and he is then forced to choose to either find new happiness or fulfill a destiny he is obsessed to fulfill.

Very powerful, gripping movie. Not even close to what I was expecting (Wil Smith being some sort of angel). There is great significance in the title alone and one of the great payoffs is learning its meaning. This is one of those movies that I liked a lot, but I will probably never see again - at least not for a long time. Along the same lines, emotionally, as Leaving Las Vegas which I have yet to see a second time.

Wil Smith has been choosing roles where is character is very troubled. Hancock, I am Legend, and now Seven Pounds. Not much laughter with this one. But it delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Note to Ji'dai: I love the way you always post your movies with a synopsis!
    Danke! I often watch many obscure, older movies that deserve more than just posting a meaningless title.

----

The new marshal (Sean Connery) of a mining installation on a moon of Jupiter links a rash of violent suicides and psychotic behavior among workers to an illegal performance boosting drug being smuggled in by the mine’s manager (Peter Boyle) in the decent 1981 "sci-fi western" Outland.

When his family moves to Missouri, misfit ne‘er-do-well William Bonney (Michael Pollard) makes an uneasy friendship with a violent saloon owner and his ***** (wh0re) in the boring 1972 western Dirty Little Billy. This film dwells on the early teenage life of Billy the Kid and thus is rather dull. Gary Busey has a small role as one of Billy’s few friends.

A gunfighter (Glenn Ford) who abandoned his wife and family reluctantly partners with the local marshal to track down the Apaches who kidnapped them in the fine 1968 western Day of the Evil Gun.

Wholesome young people spiral downward into wild dancing, premarital sex, and crazy piano playing after being corrupted by the evils of marijuana in the sobering 1936 public service film Reefer Madness (originally called Tell Your Children).

A Chinese couple’s new Filipino maid is haunted by the ghost of their previous hired help, who was burned alive and stashed in a large drum after being raped by the couple’s mentally disabled son in the slow but watchable 2005 film The Maid.

Saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine today. I really enjoyed it, from all the action to the storyline as well. I hope they can continue with a couple more Origin films.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

In the last few days I watched Schindler's List and Colditz. The first was great the second... not so much.

A former ship captain (Charlton Heston) finds success growing pineapples and orchestrates the overthrow of Queen Liliuokalani in the fascinating 1970 epic The Hawaiians. This film also follows the family of two Chinese migrant workers, one of whom is quarantined for leprosy. This sequel to Hawaii (1966), is based on the book by James Michener and features a soundtrack by Henry Mancini. Character actor James Hong (David Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China) appears early on.

A saloon owner and his wife swindle their young ward when two men (Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy) arrive with the deed to a gold mine she inherited in the 1937 Hal Roach comedy Way Out West.

A young man (David Carradine) with a muscle car and a fan boat runs moonshine in the Everglades and puts a halt to the competing operation run by the father of his girlfriend (Kate Jackson) in the enjoyable 1977 action flick Thunder and Lightning.