Page 225 of 431 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 4307
    Thanks for the info!
    I'm a TCM fan, too. They've got an amazing inventory.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I watched Old School last night at 2-1B along with a few assorted snipits from Little Miss Sunshine and Brothers Salomon.

I rented Mall Cop. It was cute I guess. You can enjoy it anyway.

I also got Fan Boys, and it was great. I posted more on it in the Fan Boys thread.

Two others I rented at the same time (Night at the Museum and Taken) will be discussed later after I watch them.

A Greek demigod (Steve Reeves) rescues a princess, joins Jason and the Argonauts’ quest for the golden fleece, escapes from the Isle of the Amazons, and restores Jason to his father’s throne in the okay 1959 Italian muscle-man picture Hercules.

A scientist horribly charred in a near-fatal accident is turned into a violence-prone cyborg by his employer and escapes to seek revenge on those responsible in the 1986 science fiction film The Vindicator. Although an obvious rip-off of Paul Verhoeven’s Robocop (1985), this film wasn’t all that bad, but it has none of the satiric charm of Verhoeven‘s classic. Pam Grier plays the martial arts master “Hunter,” who is hired by the company to recapture the cyborg.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Night At the Museum is worth seeing. I rented this and now want to go out and see the sequel.

It's a feel-good light comedy with nice effects, but it achieves everything it sets out to do.

On that note: watch it.

I saw Terminator: Salvation last night.

Currently I am watching the Land of the Lost marathon on sci-fi. Got to love those cheesy shows!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    A Greek demigod (Steve Reeves) rescues a princess, joins Jason and the Argonauts’ quest for the golden fleece, escapes from the Isle of the Amazons, and restores Jason to his father’s throne in the okay 1959 Italian muscle-man picture Hercules.
    I remember the boys on Mystery Science Theater 3000 watching a couple of the Steve Reeves movies.... man those were bad!

I've been watching the Deadliest Catch marathon.

I've not seen it until now. I always thought this was a lame premise. Who cares about crab fisherman? Well, I've really changed my mind! This has been a real surprise! It's educational, dramatic, soap opera-ish, tense, comedic.....more than I imagined! Discovery Channel (which I watch religiously) now has a new viewer for that show!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

My cousin recommended "Once Upon A Time In America," and "Field of Dreams." Anyone seen those?

My cousin recommended "Once Upon A Time In America," and "Field of Dreams." Anyone seen those?
    Is this a joke?

Once Upon a Time in America is an EPIC classic, Robet De Niro and James Woods, next to the Godfather Trilogy it is a must see film for any fan of Gangster/American Mob flicks. One word of caution the original film is 229 minutes long. I believe the DVD was only released in it's original format. If you get the shorter version (about 90 min. shorter) then you got robbed of the true film experience.

Field of Dreams is another classic, I thought everyone had watched at least once. Kevin Costner in the movie with one of the most famous lines ever "If you build it, he will come".

Wow, if you haven't watched either of these 2 films, then you should!
    May the force be with you.