Page 231 of 427 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 4264
    The International
    Very timely flick. Makes you wonder what the Banking Clan has been really up to all these years, and what they really care about, and how useless it is to fight something so pervasive and how deeply entrenched this evil really goes.

Gran Torino
    I loved this movie. Once again Clint hits it out of the ballpark. Very sad, but very uplifting at the same time.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Today I saw Taken. I thought the action was pretty awesome (very Bourne-like), but the rest of the film was somewhere between "meh" and "just plain crappy". Liam Neeson was quite cool here, but one thing that stood out as annoying was how short most of the shots were, particularly near the beginning. I read they're doing a sequel but I don't know how in the hell that will happen.

I also saw For a Few Dollars More. Wow! This was a lot better than Fistful of Dollars, and actually pretty great. Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef were awesome, and the story was good as well. Hopefully I'll like the third one as well.

After reading the short story I watched The Shawshank Redemption. Haven't seen it in at least 10 years (probably more) so it was like seeing again for the first time.
    The flick stayed very true to the original story

Watched Gran Torino last night. Excellent flick (despite the similarities to a recent Pixar flick ). Even though Eastwood is damn near 90 I would not f*ck with that man.

Watched Defiance recently. A solid WWII flick. I love the ones that show us an aspect of the war we've never seen.

Also recently saw Hitman the other night. Add an "S" to the front of the title.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I also saw For a Few Dollars More. Wow! This was a lot better than Fistful of Dollars, and actually pretty great.
    It better be. I mean, it had more dollars.

A friend and I caught Land of the Lost, and it wasn't as bad as some revies made it out to be. Until about 10 minutes before the previews woudl begin, we were the only two people there, but there ended up with maybe 30 others or so. If you expect Citizen Kane, clearly it's not that, not even Airplane!. It made me laugh several times. A good take-two-hours-of-your-dreary-life-and-smile-and-laugh-some flick.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Started watching and enjoying my Real Ghostbusters Complete Series set.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Started watching and enjoying my Real Ghostbusters Complete Series set.
    Nice. I hope to own these one day!

Watched STAR TREK: NEMESIS a few days ago!

My review: I wanted to like this film, but it just doesn't have any character development/interaction to make us care about what's going on. As a result, it becomes choppy as it jumps from action scene to action scene. Also, the villian is a bit iffy at times and I find him to be really whiny instead of menacing. It is predictable, which is good and bad as you expect the crew to save the day by the end of the film (they do) and there is a character death that is interesting, but overall, it's just not a good flick. ** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

That guy that plays Sam Winchester in Supernatural goes looking for his sister who has been kidnapped by a large maniac killer in the reboot Friday the 13th!
    May the force be with you.

A young boy witnesses the arrival of a flying saucer and discovers to his horror that his parents and others in his town have been taken over by the aliens in the classic 1953 science fiction film Invaders from Mars. The “Martians” are just heads with tentacle arms encased in clear balls and carried around by their giant mu-TANT slaves.

After being hypnotized at a party, a man (Kevin Bacon) begins seeing the specter of a missing neighborhood girl in the decent 1999 ghost story Stir of Echoes. The film is based on the book by Richard Matheson.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Had to check every local (and somewhat out of the local area) theater to find Angels & Demons. This was pretty good. I was squirming during the dropped-in-the-fountain scene hoping they'd get out of it alive; that's good filmmaking (especially since I'd read the book and knew how things turned out (although some situations were changed from the book version).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    A young boy witnesses the arrival of a flying saucer and discovers to his horror that his parents and others in his town have been taken over by the aliens in the classic 1953 science fiction film Invaders from Mars. The “Martians” are just heads with tentacle arms encased in clear balls and carried around by their giant mu-TANT slaves.
    That movie used to scare the poop out of me when I was little.....even though you could see the zippers going up the backs of the mutant's costumes!

I also think this movie inspired the character Krang for TMNT.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!