Page 232 of 432 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 4316
    Marley & Me. It makes me wonder if the couple in real life sold the rights to the movie because they were part of the newspaper buy out/lay off movement?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

[FONT=Courier New]- Ghost Adventures.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- Batman: The Brave and the Bold. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    That movie used to scare the poop out of me when I was little.....even though you could see the zippers going up the backs of the mutant's costumes!

I also think this movie inspired the character Krang for TMNT.
    Oh yeah, I can see the resemblance to Krang!

---

A group of people barricade themselves in an abandoned farmhouse after the dead rise to feed on the living in Tom Saviniís 1990 remake of the George Romero horror classic Night of the Living Dead.

A crazed rustic yokel captures a couple on vacation and a visiting paleontologist and imprisons them in his cave with the intention of feeding them to his pet monster in the horrendous 1969 horror movie Itís Alive! I DVRíd this turkey because the satellite guide mistakenly described it as the 1974 horror film with the same title, which is about a newborn who trashes the delivery room and takes down a milk truck - among other horrific things
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]- Ghost Adventures.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- Batman: The Brave and the Bold. [/FONT]
    Ghost Adventures?!?! But why would you do that to yourself?!??? So awful! hhehe

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Oh yeah, I can see the resemblance to Krang!

---

A group of people barricade themselves in an abandoned farmhouse after the dead rise to feed on the living in Tom Savini’s 1990 remake of the George Romero horror classic Night of the Living Dead.
    I have a slight softspot for Savini's remake. The gore/zombie effects were good and I have to say it was pretty ballsy to change the ending around like he did.

I watched:

"The Call of Cthulhu"- Really fantastic adaptation of Lovecraft's much beloved work. The B/W, silent film style presentation really suits the material very well and while some things are changed or left out, it doesn't hurt things too badly. I really liked how Cthulhu was done with the stop motion animation and 98% of his shots are really cool. They are a nice throwback to films such as KING KONG as they had a minimal way of doing things, but gave great results. In fact, the way the film builds suspense and tension is really well done and it's great to see a film build things up over time rather than what we see today with poorly written films that can't build tension and go for cheap thrills. If you're a fan of Lovecraft, you really need to check out this flick. Rating- *** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Ghost Adventures?!?! But why would you do that to yourself?!??? So awful! hhehe
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]My wife hates that show, too but I like it. I know they're just 3 idiots with night vision cameras and it'd be nice if they'd shut up and not curse so much (the beeping really detracts from the investigation and findings) but I like it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I have a slight softspot for Savini's remake. The gore/zombie effects were good and I have to say it was pretty ballsy to change the ending around like he did.
    I thought Savini's version eviscerated much of the social commentary in Romero's original. Barbara turning into Rambo at the end? C'mon!

---

After being paralyzed in an accident, a young athlete forms a psychic bond with his helper monkey, which quickly learns to kill those that make his new master angry in George Romero’s 1988 horror movie Monkey Shines. Janine Turner (from TV’s Northern Exposure) plays the man’s shallow girlfriend who dumps him for his doctor after he becomes paralyzed.

A rural pioneer family is tormented by a poltergeist centering around a young teenage girl and her father (Donald Sutherland) in the engaging 2005 horror movie An American Haunting. Sissy Spacek plays the family’s matriarch.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I thought Savini's version eviscerated much of the social commentary in Romero's original. Barbara turning into Rambo at the end? C'mon!
    Oh, I didn't say I agreed with it, but it was an interesting idea, especially when you look at how Barbara's gender role functioned in the original movie (crying, helpless, eventually gets killed).

Two more blurbs:

"Slumdog Millionaire"- Very good film about the importance of dedication, love, and loyalty. The performances are pretty solid, especially from the younger actors and the cinematography is really great. The music is also top notch and incredibly addictive. Still, it does have a few flaws as the two romantic leads have very little chemistry and we don't get too much reason as to why they should be together aside from the fact that he's chasing after her. Also, the third act is all over the place with silly plot devices and things of that nature. Still, this is a really good flick. Rating- *** out of ****

"Suicide Club"- Interesting film that never really goes anywhere. There are themes and ideas all over the place here but it's far too cryptic for its own good. Had things been a little bit more developed or hinted at, it could've been far more rewarding, but as it stands, it spends too much time trying to give the audience a message and too little of a time actually telling us what that message really is. Rating- ** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

The pilot co-owner (Arnold Schwarzenegger) of an extreme sports company is hunted by a squad of hit men after a powerful corporation clones him in the rather hollow 2000 science fiction dud The 6th Day.

A psychology grad student is hunted by the nocturnal creatures that gave her night terrors as a young child in the watchable 2002 horror movie Wes Craven Presents: They. Marc Blucas (Riley on TV’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer) plays the woman’s disbelieving boyfriend.

Gran Tarino - What a great freakin Movie. I loved it. Clint is just flat out awesome.

The International - Decent Espionage movie. I liked it. Clive Owen is good as usual.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Finally got a chance to see:

The Spirit - It was as bad as they said, but at least I only paid a buck.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Overrated but worth a watch. Far too long - it needed to be trimmed by at least 30 minutes.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!