Page 233 of 433 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4328
    Gave up on these two turkeys after 30 minutes of sheer torture: In the first, the ghost of a prospector hunts a group of modern day gold hunters after his mother lode in the god-awful 2003 slasher flick Miner’s Massacre; and in the second: After the death of her former school chum, a woman visits the deceased’s odd writer brother at his massive mansion in the plodding 2008 film House of Usher. I’m sure goth or emo teenaged girls would probably love this atmospheric film, which is based on the Poe story, The Fall of the House of Usher.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched Get Smart the other day, I thought it was pretty good. I was concerned there would be be too many "Michael Scorn" type parts, I don't care for The Office when Michael is over the top ie. the Phyllis's Wedding episode. But for GS I thought they kept that in check.

Recently I finished Planet Terror, which I enjoyed quite a lot. I wish I could have seen this and Death Proof together in the theater, but alas, I did not. It was just good, self-aware, goofy fun.

On the other hand, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End tried to jam way too many plotlines into a too-long movie with characters about whom I had a hard time caring. I loved the first one and hated the second one, and hadn't seen either of them in three years, I guess, so I was quite lost in this complicated-for-complicatedness' sake movie. Overall, I liked it better than the second one, but not as much as the first, and I doubt I'll ever watch it again.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Recently I finished Planet Terror, which I enjoyed quite a lot. I wish I could have seen this and Death Proof together in the theater, but alas, I did not. It was just good, self-aware, goofy fun.
    I recorded the Grindhouse double feature off HBO in HD back in January on my DVR. There are a couple of fake trailers between the two movies. I liked Death Proof way better than Planet Terror personally.

On the other hand, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End tried to jam way too many plotlines into a too-long movie with characters about whom I had a hard time caring.
    Greatest movie trilogy since Lord of the Rings! I thought the POTC films just kept getting bigger, richer, and better.

---

I just finished watching an episode of the old Dick Cavett Show from 1972 that I recorded off of TCM the other day. Cavett's guest was director Alfred Hitchcock; he was on to plug his new film at the time, Frenzy (which I recommend for any Hitchcock fan). TCM played a marathon of Hitchcock films the rest of the day. The interview was extremely funny at times; the corpulent Hitchcock has a very droll, subtle sense of humor. I've never really seen him outside his appearances in his films or the introductions on the TV show, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, so the interview was like meeting him for the first time.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

[FONT=Courier New]- TF2: ROTF: I actually enjoyed it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- Batman, The Brave and the Bold: I really enjoy this cartoon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- Ghost Adventures.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- Moon Over Parador.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- Uncle Buck.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- In Plain Sight.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- Hung.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- True Blood.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Watched Australia. It should've ended after the cattle drive. The whole WWII sthing seemed to be a different movie that dragged on too long and obvious.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Uncle Buck.[/FONT]
    One of my favorite comedies of all time.

The exchange in the principal's office is hillarious.

"I'm Buck, Buck Melanoma".
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

[FONT=Courier New]"I'm Moley Russell's wart."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE DISTRICT B13....a French film written by Luc Bresson (The Professional....The 5th Element).....great popcorn flick!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE DISTRICT B13....a French film written by Luc Bresson (The Professional....The 5th Element).....great popcorn flick!
    Yeah? What's it about? I loved The Fifth Element, great movie!

---

A college student has waking nightmares and is visited by a cloven-hoofed monster after playing a satanic video game in the devilishly bad 2005 horror movie Devour.

After a mysterious cone-shaped object is discovered in the forest outside town, scientists soon learn that it transported subterranean slug-like creatures to the surface bent on taking over and enslaving humanity in the watchable 1958 sci-fi film The Brain Eaters. Star Trek alum Leonard Nimoy (credited as “Nemoy” in the film) is unrecognizable as the old man he plays, but his distinctive voice gives him away.