Page 234 of 433 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4326
    A few more reviews!

"Tokyo Zombie"- This flick is about two deadbeat employees whose lives change after the dead start rising and attacking the living. The film tries to blend ideas of martial arts and the discipline of jujitsu, but neither of the leads are fun to watch. The flick also doesn't doesn't develop any ideas or have any redeeming the factors. There is a bit of decent gore, but the main characters aren't really funny or exciting to watch. * out of ****

"The Wrestler"- Mediocre film with a fantastic performance. Rourke stars as Randy "The Ram," a wrestler down on his luck well after his prime. The flick does have some good moments, but there isn't much of a structure to the film. There's a good supporting performance with Evan Rachel Wood as his daughter, but Marisa Tomei's character is way too indecesive to be a good character. She just can't get her act together is really uneven during the film. Rourke is really solid though as he plays a character trying to redeem himself at the end of his life. Mediocre film elevated by a fantastic Rourke. Rating- *** out of ****

"Role Models"- This is a pretty hilarious flick thanks to some great writing and terrific performances from Rudd, Scott, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Rudd and Scott have to fulfill 180 hours of community service or they're off to jail for 30 days. Both hate it at first, but soon understand the importance of friendship and support. The film is pretty funny with some great lines and the plot with Plasse's LAIRE group is hilarious and boasts some great moments. I really recommend you check this one out. Rating- *** out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    A few more reviews!

"Tokyo Zombie"- This flick is about two deadbeat employees whose lives change after the dead start rising and attacking the living. The film tries to blend ideas of martial arts and the discipline of jujitsu, but neither of the leads are fun to watch. The flick also doesn't doesn't develop any ideas or have any redeeming the factors. There is a bit of decent gore, but the main characters aren't really funny or exciting to watch. * out of ****
    Thanks for sharing that info. I've wanted to see this movie. I'm a sucker for zombie movies.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that info. I've wanted to see this movie. I'm a sucker for zombie movies.
    No prob; Maybe you'll enjoy it more than i did. I was just really, REALLY bored the entire time.

new review:

"Star Trek" (2009 film)- A highly fun, exciting, and fantastic film to watch, even for those who aren't fans of the original series or films. The casting is top notch as each actor gives a damn near spot on performance of their respective character, especially with Urban as McCoy and Quinto as Spock. The space battles and action are top notch and the film has a nice dose of humor and an overall sense of fun highly missing from later films in the franchise. A terrific reboot. rating- ***1/2 out of ****

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Saw part of The Wild tonight and wish I hadn't. Also watched an episode of Clone Wars with the baby since there was nothing else kid-appropriate on. She said she liked the Transformers on TV. I told her not to insult Transformers.

If an army is going to use tweenyboppers as commanders, can they at least get them to dress not so much like five-dollar Bangkok prostitutes first? And was the Admiral supposed to be a John Cleese homage and, if so, why, and why was it so halfarsedly done? Damn, this show sucks, I don't care what anyone here says.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Saw part of The Wild tonight and wish I hadn't. Also watched an episode of Clone Wars with the baby since there was nothing else kid-appropriate on. She said she liked the Transformers on TV. I told her not to insult Transformers.

If an army is going to use tweenyboppers as commanders, can they at least get them to dress not so much like five-dollar Bangkok prostitutes first? And was the Admiral supposed to be a John Cleese homage and, if so, why, and why was it so halfarsedly done? Damn, this show sucks, I don't care what anyone here says.
    And now for something completely different.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

A Ninjitsu master (Franco Nero) visits a former army buddy’s Philippine plantation, romances his wife, and protects them both from a local business baron and his Japanese enforcer (Sho Kosugi), who are after the couple’s land in the 1981 action flick Enter the Ninja. The Italian actor Franco Nero, the film’s star, got his start making spaghetti westerns in the early 70s. Though the fight choreography is kind of lame at times and isn’t as exciting as the “wire-fu” and “cgi-fu” of today’s martial arts films, this movie spawned two sequels and contributed to the ninja craze that dominated the 1980s.

A woman learns to her horror that the man she married is not the man she fell in love with in the excellent 1958 science fiction movie I Married a Monster from Outer Space. Don’t be fooled by the corny title, this is probably one the better sci-fi movies from the 1950s, with special effects that still look good today. Alien scouts from a dying civilization land in a small town, kidnap local men and take their place with the eventual intention of mating with earth females in order to propagate their species. But the townspeople fight back, forcing the aliens to move on to another world.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    You know you care what I say.

Admiral Yularen is the same character from the Death Star briefing room in ANH - the old dude in the white with the mustache.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Just finished Lars and the Real Girl, which I found at Wal Mart for $4.
    Pretty good, but not nearly as funny as it looked or as I'd heard. It was more of a dramedy. Ryan Gosling is great (as always) - every time I see him I think that this is a guy who could have played the hell out of Anakin Skywalker.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I just saw Gran Torino and liked it quite a lot. Clint Eastwood's character says some pretty damn racist stuff, and maybe the film goes too far sometimes in this regard, but by the end . . . well, just watch it, since it's good.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Enemy at the Gates, such a great WWII movie and highly underrated. Jude Law and Ed Harris are both outstanding as Russian and German snipers hunting each other during the battle of Stalingrad.
    I love seeing WWII movies from a point of view other than the United States.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!