Page 236 of 431 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4308
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster"- Very solid documentary about the recording sessions for Metallica's album, "St. Anger." The record is with me problems, ranging from the departure of bassist Jason Newstead to James Hetfield's substance abuse. It's interesting to see the whole process of recording an album and how things work over time. The film does have some issues though as it really breezes over the Napster issue and it's hard not to think of Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield as whiny diva's at times. Still, if you're a music fan, you'll want to check out this documentary as it's engrossing, raw, and a really good flick. Rating- *** out of ****
    Have you ever seen A Year and A Half In The Life of Metallica? or A Week and A Half? The first follows them recording and on tour during the Black Album and the second is during a 10 dayish break from recording Load. Both are good in their own right, although SKOM is waaaaaaay more "real."

I saw Batman Begins tonight since some friends wanted to. I hadn't seen it since before The Dark Knight opened last year, and while Batman Begins is really, really good, it doesn't really come close to the amazing near-perfection of its sequel.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Late one evening in their remote Romanian villa, a French teacher and her husband are tormented by a group of young teens in the 2006 French horror movie Them. Based on actual events, this film recounts a murder spree by a group of Romanian adolescents who tortured and killed several people that had “refused to play with them.”

A recent parolee (James Van Der Beek) and his former girlfriend find themselves facing the end of days after the world’s children awaken from a ten-year slumber to deliver the souls of the living through violence in the okay 2006 horror film Clive Barker’s The Plague.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Rented Knowing with Nicolas Cage last night. Wasn't too bad, I enjoyed it.
    The ending didn't turn out the way you would think.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Have you ever seen A Year and A Half In The Life of Metallica? or A Week and A Half? The first follows them recording and on tour during the Black Album and the second is during a 10 dayish break from recording Load. Both are good in their own right, although SKOM is waaaaaaay more "real."
    Funny you mention that as after I posted my review on my blog, my lady told me about the "A Year and a Half" doc and i've added it to my NF. I couldn't find any info on "A Week and a Half" though.

Edit: new review!

"Milk"- Really fantastic film with awesome performances. Penn is nearly unrecognizable as Harvey Milk as he really transforms himself into Milk; and yes, he really deserved the oscar for this flick. I enjoyed the supporting roles from Franco and Brolin, but there is an odd subplot about Dan White's sexuality which is distracting and unfounded. Am I supposed to feel sympathy or something for him? I wasn't sure why it was there and it's distracting. Still, it's a really great film. rating- ***1/2 out of ****

Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 07-09-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan.

Its been about 25 years since I saw this last time and I had forgotten the brutality of it all. The opening scene of the Alpha male ape tossing the baby chimp off the tree and the following scenes where the mother ape is holding its corpse (it turns out for 10 months until she discovers baby Tarzan) is very powerful imagery. I've always liked Christopher Lambert and really wish he was in more movies. This was his opening debut into the movie industry and he was a good choice. Other worthy mentions (terrible with names) are the chick from Groundhog day, the dude that played Bilbo, and the other dude that played Harry Potter's cruel uncle in all the Potter movies are also in the show.

It feels very real. That being said, I had to watch Disney's Tarzan in spite of Hutt O'Donnel's presence to cleanse my brain. Greystoke is quite dark. It was good to see it again after all this time. But in all honesty I probably won't watch it again for another 25 years.

Watched Religiulous last night. What I find suprising, is that the 2 Catholic priests come across as the people who most people would say are the most reasonable in the whole film. While I understand the whole point was to attack religion, it really seemed to me to attack unquestioned or fundamental/literalism in religion more sharply. And as a practicing Catholic, I wasn't offened by any of it.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Funny you mention that as after I posted my review on my blog, my lady told me about the "A Year and a Half" doc and i've added it to my NF. I couldn't find any info on "A Week and a Half" though.
    The Week and a Half was a video included in the Met Club's Fan Can 2 so tracking one down might be tough. I saw it once and that was back in 97-98 and it was on vhs.

I've watched a few movies recently:

Gran Torino
    - Absolutely loved it!

Taken - Not a bad way to spend an 1.5 hours. Liam Neeson was great.

Role Models
    - Thought it was pretty good. I was expecting more LOL moments, from what I had heard/read, but it was funny. Probably a movie that gets funnier the more you watch it.

Step Brothers - ... speaking of movies that get funnier the more you watch them. This one definitely qualifies IMO. Just watched it for the second time and found myself laughing much more than the first viewing. Good stuff.

I've also watched The Dark Knight quite a few times the past couple of weeks. Phenomenal movie!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Gran Torino - Absolutely loved it!

Taken - Not a bad way to spend an 1.5 hours. Liam Neeson was great.

Role Models
    - Thought it was pretty good. I was expecting more LOL moments, from what I had heard/read, but it was funny. Probably a movie that gets funnier the more you watch it.

Step Brothers - ... speaking of movies that get funnier the more you watch them. This one definitely qualifies IMO. Just watched it for the second time and found myself laughing much more than the first viewing. Good stuff.
    Agreed X 4
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!