Page 24 of 433 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kh
    I have been watching Deadwood Season 2 lately. Thanks again UK for the hook up
    No problem man. Glad you are enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    What was up with Jordana Brewster's buttcrack? With as much screentime as it had, I thought it should have received a costarring credit.
    Nice! Looking forward to that.

I'm going to hold off on the Texas prequel until it hits dvd. Same with The Grudge 2. I really want to see both movies but it takes a quality film to get me off my arse and goto the theater nowadays.

I watched Click last night. I'm still not sure what I think about it. It was alright I suppose. Not Sandlers best, but not his worst either. It was okay. I absolutely love Kate Beckinsale though....she's swell.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I'm feeling a Firefly marathon coming up soon....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    A Firefly marathon would be great. If you include Serenity, that's like 13-14 hours.
    Did anyone ever take down that Firefly/Serenity marathon? That is still on my "to do list".

I watched a sweet little piece on slasher films the other night on Starz called "Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film". It was a good hour and a half discussion of the development of the "Slasher Film". A lot of really good stuff. Lots of good interviews with the likes of John Carpenter, Rob Zombie, Wes Craven and many actors and producers as well. There were also a ton of film clips from the most popular and most controversial movies listed. It was really well done. I definitely suggest you horror buffs to check it out.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKW
    I watched a sweet little piece on slasher films the other night on Starz called "Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film". It was a good hour and a half discussion of the development of the "Slasher Film".
    I saw that the other night. I was surprised that Romero wasn't covered at all.

I liked the ethereal Silent Hill, although it seemed to drag at times. I've never played the video games so I'm not really knowledgeable about the storyline. Still, I prefer something new to retreading some old game plot.

Serenity was pretty good too once I re-acclimated myself to Joss-speak or Whedonese. He's so shiny. I never watched Firefly so the film was my first intro to this universe. The Reavers were cool - kind of like living dead in space.

Missed about a ten-minute block during Wolf Creek but I think I got the gist of it. Felt to me like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre set in the Aussie Outback. It's one of those movies that isn't fantastic, but you want to watch anyway to get the entire story.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Did anyone ever take down that Firefly/Serenity marathon? That is still on my "to do list".
    Not yet, but it still on my to-do list also.

Watched "The Island" on HBO the other day.
    Not as bad as I'd heard, but wasn't really that good either.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I watched a sweet little piece on slasher films the other night on Starz called "Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film". It was a good hour and a half discussion of the development of the "Slasher Film". A lot of really good stuff. Lots of good interviews with the likes of John Carpenter, Rob Zombie, Wes Craven and many actors and producers as well. There were also a ton of film clips from the most popular and most controversial movies listed. It was really well done. I definitely suggest you horror buffs to check it out.
    I heard good things about that but I don't get Starz.

I bought "Feast" yesterday and i'm pretty excited to watch it.

I'm still catching up on "Firefly" and then plan to jump onto "Serenity" so please don't get spoilerific with me, folks!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

How do you like Firefly, JMGuy ?

I'll be putting Dawn '78 in my player this weekend...it's been way too long. Probably find time for Day and Land throughout the next week, too. Maybe Night '90, time permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I saw that the other night. I was surprised that Romero wasn't covered at all.
    I guess it's b/c most of Romero's films aren't "Slashers" per se, but are "Undead/Zombie" movies. But even with that said, I still thought they would have atleast mentioned him especially since Tom Savini was prominantly featured throughout the special.

Missed about a ten-minute block during Wolf Creek but I think I got the gist of it. Felt to me like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre set in the Aussie Outback. It's one of those movies that isn't fantastic, but you want to watch anyway to get the entire story.
    I enjoyed Wolf Creek for the most part. The beginning was a bit slow but it really picked up half way through. It definitely wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog
    I heard good things about that but I don't get Starz.
    That stinks. You can probably download it somewhere *cough*torrent*cough* or watch it on Youtube. Actually, at some point it'll probably be released on DVD one way or another.

I'll be putting Dawn '78 in my player this weekend...it's been way too long. Probably find time for Day and Land throughout the next week, too. Maybe Night '90, time permitting.
    One word: Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JMG
    I bought "Feast" yesterday and i'm pretty excited to watch it.
    Sweet! Be sure to let us know how Feast is. I have that in my Netflix queue.

Well I watched "The Butterfly Effect 2" the other night. Yup, it was pretty bad. I want that 1hr and 20 mins of my life back!

I watched Cronenberg's "The Fly" last night. Great movie! Never did see the original though.

How do you like Firefly, JMGuy ?
    I'm really enjoying it. It has a great storyline and a FANTASTIC set of characters. Plus, they got a great set of lovely ladies on Serenity. I mean, Kaylee is adorable, and River is fiesty in a creepy zoned out chick sorta way. I just watched "Shindig" a few weeks ago where Sheperd got his arse shot, so I need to catch up. Sadly, with the Master's degree in full swing, this isn't looking like it's anytime soon.

but I will DEFINATELY be watching "Feast" tomorrow night (i'm giving myself two hours off) and i'll let you folks know how it is.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"