Page 241 of 427 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 4262
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    It was neither. Black comedies are funny and biographies are factual.

Oliver Stone is so far detached from reality (conspiracy NUT) it would be impossible for him to make a factual documentary, and his only real comedy was "Natural Born Killers".

Ooooo.....I can't wait to see his new collaborative effort (mockumentary) with Hugo Chavez.

I hear next up on his plate is a Documentary with Kim Jong Il, maybe we'll all get lucky and Stone will get locked up in N. Korea for being a spy.

Seriously, if you want a good, funny, entertaining movie from last year, go rent Religulous, while Bill Maher is nowhere near as funny as he used to be, there are still a few laughs to be had in this film. We can only long for the days when Maher was playing characters in films like "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death", or "House II: The Second Story". Both of which I would recommend over above mentioned films.
    Funny, becuase I think 51% of people back in 2004 made a tragedy for 100% of us That is they didn't get the joke from 2000.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I just watched The Outlaw Josey Wales. Definitely one of Eastwoods finest.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

i've been watched Season 1 of the Real Ghostbusters for the past week, catching 2-3 episodes a day - finally on the last disc but not that I'm complaining....i feel like a kid on saturday all over again.

Friday I watched the Director's Cut of Watchmen (love this movie) just ****ed that i shelled out the $20 for the 2 disc set instead of waiting till December for the ultimate 5 disc set with the Tales of the Black Freighter spliced back in.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I just watched The Outlaw Josey Wales. Definitely one of Eastwoods finest.
    Yeah, that was a really good movie. I liked how he kept spitting tobaccy juice on that dog's head throughout the picture.

---

“Old Surehand” (Stewart Granger) and his Indian friend Winnetou (Pierre Brice) guide a wagon train of settlers into Indian country and fend off a fiendish oil speculator and his hired guns in the banal 1966 western Rampage at Apache Wells.

A newlywed couple witness a pair of hired killers making a hit on a businessman but the two are caught and the new bride raped in the avoidable 1973 mystery crime drama Nightmare Honeymoon. For some reason, the hit men leave the couple alive, so the husband, recently back from Vietnam, tracks them down again and takes his revenge.

A professor of music is haunted and tormented by the vengeful spirit of her former friend and musical rival, whom she killed in an automobile accident in the 2005 Korean horror movie Cello.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    That is they didn't get the joke from 2000.
    Is that the joke where Al Gore could have been President if he had managed to carry his own home state of TN (from which he had been both a US Congressman AND US Senator) in the Presidential election?

Hahaha

Even, former MN US Senator, Walter Mondale carried Minnesota in 1984.

Yeah, that was pretty funny.....couldn't even carry is own home State.
    May the force be with you.

Keep politics in the Rancor Pit, folks. This is for movie reviews and whatnot, not your political thoughts.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

A group of black buddies put their Vietnamese guerrilla warfare training to good use back home battling redneck Klansmen in the awful 1976 blaxploitation action film Brotherhood of Death. The Vietnamese “jungle” scenes looked like they were shot in a local park.

After they buy an old house, a young couple is haunted by the ghost of a woman who is searching for her lost love in the watchable 2005 Thai horror film the Ghost of Mae Nak. The ghost also takes vengeance on anyone who crosses the young couple, which makes for plenty of imaginative and gory deaths.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Keep politics in the Rancor Pit, folks. This is for movie reviews and whatnot, not your political thoughts.
    Ooops, I thought this was the Pit. jk I'll stop now.

Well, I watched "Knowing" and "A Haunting in Connecticut" this weekend.

Knowing was pretty good, I enjoyed the ending.

Haunting was terribly annoying. It seems the director felt that loud annoying noises = scary. I swear ever time a ghost popped up there was that annoying gotcha blast of.......whatever that noise was. It was really distracting. Note to director, sometime less is more, as in less annoying loud noises, more quiet creepy gotcha.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Not even political thoughts about the New Zealand embassy in New York?

I'm not an Australian!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

[FONT=Courier New]Watched Eraser and Maverick this week. 2 movies my wife had managed to miss back in the mid 90's.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]