Page 246 of 437 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 4363
    A high-rolling pimp with a group of white, black, and Asian prostitutes sees his operation come crashing down under pressure from the police, a social worker, and the competition in the 1973 blaxploitation action flick Willie Dynamite. The star character’s car (purple Cadillac with custom chrome exhaust) and wild outfits (jumpsuits and long fur coats with matching hats) basically set the stereotype for pimps everywhere.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched Jumper last night, kinda crusty but otherwise ok. I wonder if Sam Jackson will ever get to 'kill' H Christ on the big screen???

"Resident Evil: Regeneration"- This total CG film is a nice addition to the RE franchise, despite a few issues.

The film picks up 7 years after the destruction of Raccoon City as Claire Redfield is flyign to meet some friends. Of course, things soon turn to hell due to an outbreak of the T-Virus and Claire has to deal with an airport of zombies and whatnot after a bioterror attack. The U.S. Government sends Leon S. Kennedy into the airport and the two reunite and then have to get to the bottom of how the T-Virus is still around and more importantly, who unleashed it.

Now, the film versions of RESIDENT EVIL are enjoyable for what they are (i'm e-baying them right now actually!), but i think everybody's main gripe is that they don't really do much with the games, they center too damn much on Alice, and miss the point and atmosphere of the games. The game is a great step towards the right path as it is zombie infested, has more of the corporation issue, and we already have Redfield and Kennedy, who characters we know very well. It's a pretty enjoyable flick, but it does have some problems. My first one being the lip synching is really, really bad. Also, Leon is a bit too stone faced, rarely showing any emotion to anything and always escaping things without a scratch.

Still, if you're a fan of the franchise and games, you'll probably enjoy it as much as I did. Rating- *** out of ****

and as a bonus to RE fans, i'm posting a pic of my buddy at SDCC in his S.T.A.R.S. uniform that is from the second RE film and he bought off their e-bay auction a few years back. If you're a fan of the games like me, you very well might laugh your arse off like I did when you realize what he's doing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3757304490_be4148eff2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	21165  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

The RE movies are guilty pleasures for me. I'm watching #1 currently. And you're exactly right: very little similarity to the games. My girlfriend's sons are into RE Code Veronica and they ask about certain characters, and I say, who?

Finally rented Punisher War Zone
    This movie was really good. Very violent, lot's of gore, good storyline.

Beats the heck out of the one with John Travolta. Too bad that one came out first or this one would have gotten more buzz. It was a definitive Punisher character and movie.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

A group of suburbanites (Tom Hanks, Rick Ducommun, & Bruce Dern) and their fretful wives (Carrie Fisher & Wendy Schaal) discover that their strange new neighbors are up to no good in Joe Dante’s funny 1989 comedy The ‘Burbs. Corey Feldman plays a neighborhood teen.

Sid Davis Productions, in cooperation with the West Covina Police Department, portray the chilling effects of drinking and driving in the 1965 public service film The Bottle and the Throttle.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Finally rented Punisher War Zone
    This movie was really good. Very violent, lot's of gore, good storyline.

Beats the heck out of the one with John Travolta. Too bad that one came out first or this one would have gotten more buzz. It was a definitive Punisher character and movie.
    I barely finished War Zone. Totally retarded. They raped everything that was good from The Punisher. And the story was thread-bare, if you can even call it a story.
    Punching a guy THROUGH the face?
    What kind of moron hangs upside down from a chandelier during a firefight?

Give me the FAR superior Tom Jane's Punisher any day. Hell, I'd even take Dolph Lundgren's Punisher over Ray "mumbles with an accent" Stevenson.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I just finished watching all 12 episodes of "The Middleman".

Cheesy and campy, but fun.
    May the force be with you.

Today I saw Pineapple Express, which was very funny and well done.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Last night on HBO; Apaloosa. An Ed Harris directed-written-filmed-sang-swept-the-floors-he-did-everyting western with Viggo Mortensen (who I think makes a fine cowboy). Too many sub-plots with a very annoying Renee Zellweger.

I liked the scenery (but then again, I've always liked New Mexico), sets, and costumes, though.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!