Page 25 of 437 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Damn straight, Kaylee rocks ! Probably my second favorite female TV character after Pam Beesley.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Did anyone ever take down that Firefly/Serenity marathon? That is still on my "to do list".

I watched a sweet little piece on slasher films the other night on Starz called "Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film". It was a good hour and a half discussion of the development of the "Slasher Film". A lot of really good stuff. Lots of good interviews with the likes of John Carpenter, Rob Zombie, Wes Craven and many actors and producers as well. There were also a ton of film clips from the most popular and most controversial movies listed. It was really well done. I definitely suggest you horror buffs to check it out.
    I saw that too. And oddly enough, I now want to see "Silent Night, Deadly Night". Tim Allen's Santa Claus? Lame. Killer Santa Claus? Interesting.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Here is my review of "FEAST" I posted on my blog. It's pretty spoiler free, I just mention names and talk about a performance of two. However, if you want to remain totally a virgin for the flick, don't read. I loved it.

"Feast"- Alright, if you don't know the history behind this flick, pay attention: this was the winner/flick that "Project Greenlight" did last season for their horror movie. The movie had some production issues as it was a first time director, but once they found their groove, everything flowed. The result is a hysterical, jumpy, blood and gore fest of "Evil Dead" and "Day of the Dead" proportions. This flick has everything and it has CULT CLASSIC written all over it (not really, the DVD just says "FEAST," but you get me). The plot of the movie is pretty simple: a band of strangers must.......band together to face some hell spawn beast that is prowling outside. Did I mention they were hungry? They try to get in, our human friends don't want that and fun ensues. What's great is that the flick, along with all cult classics, knows what it's doing from the first frame. Small example: when we meet the first main character, named Bozo, the screen stops and it brings up a few stats on the guy, kinda like, "Name: Bozo, Occupation: town Jackass" and it also gives you a "Fun Fact" and "Life Expectancy." It's funny, funny ****. Like when the kid in the wheelchair and his stats come up, the "life expectancy" says, "They wouldn't kill the kid in the wheelchair, would they?" The rest of the notes are great stuff. The characters have wacky names like "Hero", "Heroine", "Beer Guy" and "Coach" and yes, "Jason Mewes" who plays himself. However, I have to give a shout out to Henry Rollins is great in his role. He's such a go-getter, cheeseball that you can't help but love the guy. However, I was waiting for him to strip down to a pair of running shorts and start singing, holding the mic in that wacky Rollins Band way (some of you know of what I speak!) Back to the names or lack of them: It doesn't matter though as nobody really uses any names in the flick. Seriously, if you were getting attacked by hell beasts, would you care if somebody got your name right? The movie has some really hysterical parts and a few jumps and what's great is that nobody is really safe. Anybody can get picked off and that's one of the reasons to enjoy this flick (along with the fact it's just solid fun). The gore level is off the charts and i'll say that this flick goes down as one of the GORIEST and BLOODIEST films I've ever seen, ever. It's up there with "Slither" (which hits DVD next Tuesday!!!!!) in terms of gore and blood: limbs get removed, eyes get plucked, bodies devoured, the works. One fantastically gory scene involves maggots, a whoooooooooooooole lot of maggots. Be warned, if you don't like gore, get the hell away from this flick, head to the drama section and rent either "The Notebook" or "Beaches" and call it a night. For the rest of us who love a solid, fun filled, gore fest with a few surprises, we'll be enjoying ourselves in the next room. Rating- *** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Good review of "Feast", JMG. I watched it today, and I thought it was average at best. I did enjoy the scenes of gore (why I rented it) and the blood but other than that I got kind of bored with some of the movie during the downtime when they were trying to figure out how to leave the tavern.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Just watched Silent Hill. I thought it was OK. A little off the video games(I never played 3) but pretty close ot the characters from all of them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Rhinestone.

A few days ago I got up extra early for work around 5am and it was playing on HBO so I watched it for awhile before I left...I forgot how crusty that movie was! When Sly was decked out in his shiny singing cowboy regalia, I about ****ed myself with laughter.

The honor of Worst Stallone Movie usually seems to go to "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot" or sometimes "Oscar"...but I think Rhinestone is overlooked in this category.

By the way, in case you didn't notice, Dolly Parton has ginormous breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    I saw that too. And oddly enough, I now want to see "Silent Night, Deadly Night". Tim Allen's Santa Claus? Lame. Killer Santa Claus? Interesting.
    Heck yea! Each year Silent Night, Deadly Night always makes it into my dvd rotation around Christmas time. The second one as well, which has the infamous "Garbage Day" scene.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog
    By the way, in case you didn't notice, Dolly Parton has ginormous breasts.
    Nope, never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by JMG
    Here is my review of "FEAST" I posted on my blog. It's pretty spoiler free, I just mention names and talk about a performance of two. However, if you want to remain totally a virgin for the flick, don't read. I loved it.
    Awesome review of "Feast" JMG! I'm very much looking forward to watching this film, even moreso after reading your post. I'll definitely let you guys know what I think of it after I see it, which will hopefully be w/in the next week or so.

I didn't have to work yesterday so I stayed home and watched movies all day, none of which I had seen before. The first movie I watched was "Closer", which I rather enjoyed. It was a bit crude at times but the acting was superb. Gotta love "Stripper Portman" too. The second movie I watched was "The Fifth Element". Yes, I had never seen this movie before. I really enjoyed it too. That Chris Tucker is crazy... and I absolutely love Jovovich. The third and final movie I watched yesterday was "The Omen", the new one. It had its few moments but overall, I wasn't impressed. Not nearly as good as the original IMO.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I watched Dead Man a few days ago. This B&W western features Johnny Depp as a tenderfoot accountant who becomes an old west outlaw after shooting a man during a lover's quarrel. Wounded, Depp is nursed back to health by the Indian "Nobody," who ends up being a kind of spirit guide. Strange film.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I saw that movie a few years back and thought it was alright. Kind of weird.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I have seen a few movies lately.

Here's what I liked

Hard Candy
    Shallow Grave
    Lucky # Slevin
    Prestige
    JackAss
    Chainsaw
    The Departed

The Grudge 2 was OK

What I hated,

Are you scared Yet. Nothing but a Saw ripoff!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)