Page 252 of 433 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 4328

Quintin Tarantino has been drinking from George Lucas' liquor cabinet

I saw Inglorious Bastards. It was completely retarded, but it totally jumped the shark when they actually kill Hitler and Goebels (Minister of Propaganda) at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by elvandrik View Post
    I saw Inglorious Bastards. It was completely retarded, but it totally jumped the shark when they actually kill Hitler and Goebels (Minister of Propaganda) at the end.
    First of all you may want to edit your post for spoilers.

Second, I loved Inglourious Basterds. Easily my favorite of all of Tarantino's films.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

While looking for their professor, two men and their girlfriends find a mystical book in the wilderness and battle monstrous satanic creatures in the laughable 1970 horror movie Equinox. Actor Ed Begley, Jr. worked as the assistant cameraman on the film and future ILM wiz Dennis Muren served as associate producer. Frank Bonner (Herb, the sleazy leisure suit guy in TV's WKRP in Cincinnati) plays one of the men.

Wholesome teenager Ann Dixon (Helen Foster) falls in with the wrong crowd, engages in premarital sex, is labeled a “sex delinquent” by the police counselor, gets knocked up by an older guy, and dies from complications from a botched abortion in the 1934 exploitation drama Road to Ruin.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I just saw Touch of Evil. Though it had some good moments, I thought it was overall underwhelming (I guess, when you compare it to Welles' Citizen Kane, it's bound to be disappointing). Apart from the technically amazing opening shot, it's just kind of "meh", and seeing Welles so fat was disturbing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The Wolfman (Lon Chaney) and Count Dracula (John Carradine) both visit the castle of a renowned scientist with a female hunchbacked nurse in an effort to cure their afflictions in the 1945 horror film House of Dracula. Even the Frankenstein Monster makes an appearance in the movie after the Wolfman, in human form, inadvertantly discovers the creature in stasis in the caves below the castle.

A motorcycle biker with good morals falls in with a sleazy girl and her drug-pushing friend and then finds a job at poultry farm where the scientists feed him turkey laced with chemical additives that cause him to change into a giant blood-drinking turkey monster in the god-awful 1971 horror movie Blood Freak.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched I Love You, Man and Tropic Thunder the other day. First time viewing for both, really enjoyed them. Pretty damn funny.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I watched I Love You, Man and Tropic Thunder the other day. First time viewing for both, really enjoyed them. Pretty damn funny.
    Tropic Thunder is so wrong but so funny. One of the funniest movies I'd seen in a long time.

I've continued to watch the World at War series. I've watched about 10 episodes now. Very interesting.

Watched the original La Femme Nikita the other day. I hadn't seen it in years and had forgotten how good it was. Far superior than the American remake, Point of No Return.

Two guys in a super charged ‘55 Chevy pick up a girl and race an older guy in a ‘70 GTO across country for pink slips in the 1971 cult road movie Two-Lane Blacktop. Musician James Taylor plays “The Driver,” Dennis Wilson (of the Beach Boys) is “The Mechanic,” Laurie Bird is “The Girl,” and Warren Oates plays “G.T.O.,” the older guy whose life story changes with each new person he meets. Also features Harry Dean Stanton in a bit part as a gay hitchhiker GTO picks up in Oklahoma. Gary Kurtz, who produced Star Wars, served as associate producer on this film.

A former race car driver and cop named Kowalski (Barry Newman) outmaneuvers law enforcement while delivering a super charged 1970 Dodge Challenger across several states in the 1971 cult film Vanishing Point. Cleavon Little plays the blind radio DJ “Super Soul” who offers Kowalski words of encouragement and solace over the airwaves during his long run from the law. The Audioslave video Show Me How to Live was based on this film. Quentin Tarantino also paid homage to this movie in Death Proof - the white Dodge Challenger the girls drive against Stuntman Mike’s Dodge Charger in the second half of the film was the same make and model of Kowalski’s car in Vanishing Point.

I watched Grand Tarino last night, like most of the movies Clint has done its pretty darn good! I also watched Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy.

A teenager fresh from rehab thinks the recent spate of local serial murders is in some way linked to the deaths of several school children involved in a tragic train-bus collision some thirty years before in the okay 2006 fright fest Fingerprints. Lou Diamond Phillips plays the girl’s high school counselor.

A single mom (Denise Crosby - Tasha Yar on Star Trek: TNG) and her teenage son and young daughter move into an old funeral home and soon discover they’re not alone in the formulaic 2005 horror film Mortuary. The film is helmed by Tobe Hooper, who also directed the excellent Poltergeist.

An earthquake sets loose giant prehistoric sea snails that were trapped under the lake bed near a military base in the watchable 1957 horror movie The Monster that Challenged the World.

A police officer investigating the disappearance of a missing girl on an island village lorded over by a wealthy aristocrat (Christopher Lee) soon finds himself the sacrificial victim in the villager’s pagan harvest ritual in the okay 1973 horror film The Wicker Man.