Page 253 of 435 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4348
    James Bonds is out for revenge in Quantom of Solace. It's been a while since I'd seen it and thoroughly enjoyed.

Confessions of a Shopoholic. I rented this for the girlfriend and me.

Two more episodes of the World at War: the wolfpacks and living in the Third Reich, 1940 - 1944.

I've also been watching the Inspector Lewis series on PBS' Masterpiece Mysteries on Sunday nights. Lewis was the sidekick in the Inspector Morse series, which I enjoyed, and is now the inspector in charge with a young sergeant.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Confessions of a Shopoholic. I rented this for the girlfriend and me.
    I'm sooo sorry. I glanced up every now and again while reading a few weeks ago as the human incubator watched it. I thought the message got lost in the end.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Got X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Not a bad flick. It was a passable 90 minutes that wasn't as awful as X3. Minor characters in all films like this will always suffer from not having any development or connection.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Those terms are mutually exclusive with me. I just don't like westerns.
    Try The Magnificent Seven. Not any of the sequels, just the original. That might make you re-think not liking westerns. (It did for me!)

Part of me wants to see Wolverine, but far more of me is reminding me that X3 was so bad, I don't think the franchise can recover without taking fifteen years or so off and coming back with a masterpiece, like Superman and Batman both did.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Try The Magnificent Seven. Not any of the sequels, just the original. That might make you re-think not liking westerns. (It did for me!)

Part of me wants to see Wolverine, but far more of me is reminding me that X3 was so bad, I don't think the franchise can recover without taking fifteen years or so off and coming back with a masterpiece, like Superman and Batman both did.

Dirty Harry Ultimate Collectors Edition 2008. All 5 Dirty Harry Movies. Excellent behind the scenes footage and interviews. Frank Sinatra was supposed to star as Dirty Harry with Iriving "Empire Stikes Back" Kershner directing but Frank had an injured hand and couldn't hold the .44 magnum gun and they got Eastwood along with a different director named Don Segal. Clint Eastwood what a great actor and director an American icon Enjoyed it very much.

I saw The Searchers last night. It was pretty damn good. There were some obvious and interesting SW connections (finding the burned homestead, waiting on a cliff to go attack the natives, etc.).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Shane has major Jedi overtones for me. The character's demeanor would fit nicely in SW lore. The Shane/Joey relationship is very much a Master Jedi/Padawan situation.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I saw The Searchers last night. It was pretty damn good. There were some obvious and interesting SW connections (finding the burned homestead, waiting on a cliff to go attack the natives, etc.).
    That's a great movie, very entertaining. Along with influencing SW, The Searchers also inpsired Buddy Holly to write the song "That'll Be the Day," John Wayne's catch phrase in the movie.

--

Satellite provider Direct TV has been airing uncensored, uncut episodes of HBO's Deadwood in glorious HD every Sunday for the last couple months or so. Some night scenes are a bit grainy in high-def, which makes me wonder if they intentionally shot those scenes in natural light - torches, oil lamps, candles, etc. I'd forgotten just how fantastic this show really was. They started in on the second season two weeks ago and a 'new' episode airs tonight. Hot-headed hardware retailer Seth Bullock is sheriff, saloon operator and camp boss Al Swearegen is at death's door, brought low by a kidney stone, and George Hearst's agent Wolcott has arrived and has already enlisted Swearengen's rival Cy Tolliver to his cause and put hotel owner E.B. Farnum under his thumb. All that and the usual gang of cocksuckers that populate this wretched hive of scum and villainy greet me every week. Great stuff!
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    One of my favorites. The quintessential western. John Wayne played against character, too. He should've received the Oscar for the Searchers.