Page 256 of 432 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 4319
    The 1971 James Bond movie, Diamonds are Forever starring Sean Connery.
    Also the 1983 James Bond movie also starring Sean Connery Never Say Never Again directed by Irving "Empire Stikes Back" Kershner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    In 1983, a black postal worker nearing retirement shoots and kills an elderly Italian customer at his post office window with a German Luger; and the connection between the two men is revealed in Spike Lee’s watchable but uneven 2008 WWII war movie Miracle at St. Anna. John Turturro, John Leguizamo, and John Hawkes (Sol Starr on HBO’s Deadwood) have small parts.
    I agree: it was uneven. I was expecting a little more. The battle sequence at the beginning and the fight at the end were well done.

The undead come back to life in Night of the Living Dead. I checked out the 30th anniversary copy from the library. Additional new footage was added to the movie. I'd seen this version once before several years ago. I think I prefer the original better. I do want to see the 80s remake again, too.

And the undead continue to prey on the living in Dawn of the Dead. Love it! I bought the ultimate collector's set of this movie this summer and it's great. Three different versions of the movie. The international version is the best. It adds more violence, background story, etc... to the movie.

I had to start Halloween off on the right foot.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    The undead come back to life in Night of the Living Dead. I checked out the 30th anniversary copy from the library. Additional new footage was added to the movie. I'd seen this version once before several years ago. I think I prefer the original better. I do want to see the 80s remake again, too.

And the undead continue to prey on the living in Dawn of the Dead. Love it! I bought the ultimate collector's set of this movie this summer and it's great. Three different versions of the movie. The international version is the best. It adds more violence, background story, etc... to the movie.

I had to start Halloween off on the right foot.
    Sounds like you should be posting these in this thread as well.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Saw the premier for SGU. I'll give it a chance. Just based on the first episode, it's the Stargate universe's take on the Voyager premise (spaceship far from Earth and no obvious way home other than turning the ship around). The show is closer in tone to the newer Battlestar Galactica, and that's good.

I love Hulu. It allowed me to catch up on Fringe, which is AWESOME.
    I really should be working. Really.

Stayed up past my bedtime to watch Tombstone last night on History Channel. Even with HC's butchered version, it's still a good flick!

I'm your huckleberry!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

BSG: Caprica. Not as bad as some made it out, but definitely not as good as the show it is trying to set up.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I watched The Watchmen yesterday.... which was IMHO an absolute horrible movie.

"9"

Very wicked post apocalyptic movie. Tim Burton produced it but you could swear it was his story cause it certainly felt like something he would tell.

The animation was amazing. No holds barred. Heroes die. I know I'm being obtuse but I don't want to say much and spoil it. I saw this over the weekend on a whim and didn't know a thing about it. The curtain went up and just got sucked in.

Those that liked Cordaline will enjoy this movie. The plot is very straightforward, but I was amazed how involved the it actually was.

"Informant"

Not even close to what I was expecting. I'm not a big Matt Damon fan, but damn it if the kid played the part of a super genius dooshbag to a T. I need to see it again when it comes out on DVD because I got lost in all the double-crosses and triple crosses. Enjoyable flick. Definitely a rental. On the same vein as Catch Me If You Can.

"Surrogate"

Lame. Bruce Willis didn't even seem that interested in the role. Wall-E expressed the same theme sooooo much better. Beats and pacing was reminiscent of I Robot. Don't see. Don't rent. Borrow if you must.

I saw Dr. Strangelove tonight. It was all right, but nothing really special. I got that it was a satire, but it wasn't funny and I must have missed something.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I saw Dr. Strangelove tonight. It was all right, but nothing really special. I got that it was a satire, but it wasn't funny and I must have missed something.
    How can you say Dr. Strangelove wasn't funny?!?!

I love that film. Maybe it's because I'm a military guy, or because I remember the Cold War and MAD, or maybe it's because I appreciate the brand of humor, but I found it to be hilarious!!!

To this day I can't even think about water fluoridation without chuckling.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

Man, some of Peter Sellers best work!!!
    May the force be with you.