Page 260 of 432 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 4316
    Where Eagles Dare (1968). A great WWII thriller starring Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. One of our favorites at home.

I had the annual viewing of The Nightmare Before Christmas last night. I absolutely love that movie.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Tommorrow night is my annual Sleepy Hollow Halloween weekend.
    Every year on the Saturday closest to Halloween, I open the windows and let the chilly October air into the house and watch Sleepy Hollow around 1 A.M.
    This year however, at least tonight, its 60+ degrees outside.

Ando,
    Whats your opinion so far on Titan Maximum?
    I was real excited when the first episode was 30 minutes long. The fifteen minute ones, although good, have been a let down to me.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Just finished watching "The Weather Underground" and Season 1 Disc 2 of Penn & Teller Bullsh*t.
    May the force be with you.

On the last disc of season 6 of Cheers. Anyone get into this show on DVD at all? And please don't spoil anything further if you have. :P
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Apollo 13. Opie's cheesy, mediocre-budget flick that's one of my favorite of all time. What a tremendous story! Good cast, well-executed endeavour about the Apollo space mission's "problem" I witness first-hand in my early teens. All topped off by James Horner's wonderful music score!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Peter Pan: Platinum Edition. Not as good feature wise as the others. Also having not seen it in a decade or two that Tinkerbell really wasn't all that nice. Way to market and push her on little girls Disney.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

That's why I refuse to let my daughter see any of those spinoffs, at least until she's old enough to ask for it and know it's now just Peter Pan. Tink is a biznatch.

Personally, I've never understood why adults say about their little kids, "I hate (fill-in-the-blank cartoon), but s/he loves it, and wants to see it all the time." There are enough good cartoons out there, and smaller kids don't know about the bad ones unless you tell them. Even if they see commercials (and they shouldn't be watching much commercial TV), it wears off. I'm not buying Barbie Vomits Up Lunch To Keep Her Figure when the rugrat loves The Lion King or Kung Fu Panda just fine.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Ando,
    Whats your opinion so far on Titan Maximum?
    I was real excited when the first episode was 30 minutes long. The fifteen minute ones, although good, have been a let down to me.
    [FONT=Courier New]Eh. It's funny, but I don't need to necessarily see it. If it went away, I wouldn't be heartbroken.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That's why I refuse to let my daughter see any of those spinoffs, at least until she's old enough to ask for it and know it's now just Peter Pan. Tink is a biznatch.

Personally, I've never understood why adults say about their little kids, "I hate (fill-in-the-blank cartoon), but s/he loves it, and wants to see it all the time." There are enough good cartoons out there, and smaller kids don't know about the bad ones unless you tell them. Even if they see commercials (and they shouldn't be watching much commercial TV), it wears off. I'm not buying Barbie Vomits Up Lunch To Keep Her Figure when the rugrat loves The Lion King or Kung Fu Panda just fine.
    Yeah, I agree, if I don't like it or approve it doesn't get played for my kids. Especially when, like you said, there are so many good films for them to watch. My daughter LOVES "Finding Nemo" so she watches/watched it a lot, there are some other really good ones out there as well.

In terms of the Barbie thing, I tend to agree. I don't want my daughter growing up believing that her vaule or worth as a human being is based on looks. There are many more valuable qualities in a person.
    May the force be with you.