Page 261 of 437 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 4364
    Taking a break from horror movies although I still have half a dozen of them recorded on the DVR that I didn't get around to watching for the Halloween challenge....

---

A group of top men are recruited by the government and put through a rigorous selection process for a top-secret mission that involves piloting single-seat rockets into space to capture meteors in the 1954 science fiction film Riders to the Stars. This film attempts a more realistic approach to portraying manned-space flight and is a departure from the usual alien-invader sci-fi movies of the 50s.

In 1879, a British army engineer (Stanley Baker) takes command of a small garrison in Natal Province, South Africa and fends off wave after wave of over 4,000 fierce native warriors in the fine 1964 war epic Zulu. The film’s star, Stanley Baker, turned down the role of James Bond, a role that ultimately went to Sean Connery. Michael Caine co-stars as Baker’s second-in-command and the film features narration by Richard Burton.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Zulu was on AMC all the time. Nice film.

Watched GI Joe: Rise of Cobra. While better than Transformers 2, it's like saying getting punched in the stomach is better than kicked in the groin.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

[FONT=Courier New]Watched the new V pilot on ABC (I really enjoyed what I saw and hope it only gets better).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Then I watched half of part 3 of the V: The Final Battle Miniseries recorded from the weekend. Man I loved that show. It wasn't great TV, but the lizard makeup effects are *still* pretty dang good and when I was 7 or 8, this was great stuff![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Watching season 7 of Cheers right now....pretty good, I still need to pick up the last 3 seasons.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

A man-about-town and professional gambler (Humphrey Bogart) and his gang (including a young Jackie Gleason and Phil Silvers) uncover a group of Nazi sympathizers operating on their turf and prevent their nefarious plot to blow up a battleship in New York harbor in the enjoyable 1942 action film All Through the Night. Conrad Veidt and Peter Lorre, both Casablanca alums, co-star as the head goose-stepper and henchman respectively.

The former commanding officer (Chuck Norris) of a crack commando unit gets even with the secretary of state appointee who was responsible for sending his team on a bogus mission to rescue POWs in Vietnam that resulted in the deaths of most of his men in the rather boring 1979 action film Good Guys Wear Black. Anne Archer plays Norris’ love interest.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Caught Where the Wild Things Are before it leaves theaters. Most bizarre movie feeling ever for me: seemed missing something, yet was fine the way it was; was confused, but yet understood it; too short, but sometimes dragged on. I think I liked it...
    "That's what Sheev said."

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Disney at its earliest and possibly best. My wife enjoyed it and now wants mp3's of Whistle While You Work, Hi-Ho etc.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I just watched "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols were hot!
    May the force be with you.

I watched Observe and Report last night and wasn't all that impressed. It had it's moments, but I thought it was going to be much funnier. Glad I didn't blind-buy it.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I just watched "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols were hot!
    Rachel Nichols, the ESPN reporter?
    "That's what Sheev said."