Page 268 of 435 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 4347
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 referring to Last of the Mohicans' soundtrack by Trevor Jones View Post
    One of the best musical scores ever written!
    Yes it is!

The picture itself is shot against beautiful scenery and the costumes of the English and the French troops and their commanders are as impressive as anything.

One of the things I thought about while watching the film this time is how our nation was established. The deaths of the Cameron family (found dead by Hawkeye and company a little ways into the movie, killed by a Huron war party) were brought up a few times in the picture. Perhaps the French encouraged the natives to kill the whites? Not sure. But they said the Camerons had come over as indentured servants who worked off their debt in Virginia before moving to New York's western frontier.

This nation was founded by some of those who exploited the poor and brought them here under one condition of slavery or another. True the poor whites went free after they paid their debts, but then they were living out in the boonies, defenseless against hostile natives.

Then the wealthy enlisted the poor again (or their children) to fight for independence so that these wealthy could pay lower taxes (to King George). Nevertheless, it was about money moreso than freedom. (Not that I want to still be paying taxes to England. I prefer self-government.)

But the racism that existed then continues on, too. (Anti-native racism which translates to prejudice against Mexicans / Latinos who were always mirgratory and are now migrating back into the United States today.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A Russian mob boss (Gerard Depardieu) hires a mercenary (Vin Diesel) to smuggle a young woman and her protector (Michelle Yeoh) from a Mongolian monastery to New York City in the hollow 2008 futuristic action adventure Babylon A.D.

A special forces colonel (John Wayne) helps defend an army outpost from the Vietcong and later leads a mission to capture a high-ranking North Vietnamese officer while educating an ignorant liberal journalist “why we’re there” in the 1968 war movie The Green Berets.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I watched The Patriot.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

[FONT=Courier New]I watched the 113th Civil War. UO Ducks win 37-33 over the OSU Beavers.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]What a game! The Ducks are in the Rose Bowl vs Ohio State on January 1 and I called it all the way back in September.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]GO DUCKS![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Watching A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa right now on NBC.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I watched Gangs of New York.

I watched Shaun of the Dead on TV yesterday. I'm not sure how different it was from the actual version, but it was hilarious! I enjoyed it quite a lot.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The Fugitive. I always get sucked in when I see this on.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    The Fugitive. I always get sucked in when I see this on.
    One of my all-time favorites. And it still holds up really well today.
    Harrison Ford was totally robbed for not getting a Oscar nomination/win.

I love the seeing that familiar cop in the subway!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Went to the theater to see The Blind Side, a pretty good movie, but not much of a "sports action" movie. I realized why: the scenes are 8th graders and high schoolers. I hadn't considered the adoptive family to be illegal boosters, but after seeing the film, I'd say they probably were.
    "That's what Sheev said."