Page 271 of 434 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 4332
    I watched Cannibal Holocaust the other day. I had read about it several times and figured "what the hell?". It was a decent little movie but I doubt I'll watch it again. If you don't like gore then I'd shy away from it as they kill live animals (a large turtle, a pig, and several other smaller animals). It had a very Faces of Death feel to it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I watched Cannibal Holocaust the other day. I had read about it several times and figured "what the hell?". It was a decent little movie but I doubt I'll watch it again. If you don't like gore then I'd shy away from it as they kill live animals (a large turtle, a pig, and several other smaller animals). It had a very Faces of Death feel to it.
    That's a movie I'd like to see, but have heard really gruesome things about it. Not that I can't stomach it, but there are some lines....

finally caught:

"Inglorious Basterds"- QT's flick is his very own propoganda/spaghetti western WWII movie and it's a blast. It has lots of humor, action, and is really suspenseful. My only gripe: I wanted to see more of the basterds themselves, but they got more screentime in the third act, which was great. I really loved this flick though! Rating- ***1/2 out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

"Funny People"- Judd Apatow's third flick isn't as strong as his previous films, but it's still a pretty solid outing.

Adam Sandler stars as George Simmons, a comedian/movie star who finds out he's dying of a rare disease. By chance, he bumps into Ira Wright (Seth Rogen), a struggling comic and the two form a friendship. As George struggles with his disease, his path leads him back to his lost love, Laura (Leslie Mann) and the choices he's made in his life.

The film is pretty funny and I enjoyed the journey both Ira and George go through, but the third act loses some steam when things spin out of control. Also, the film is pretty long at almost 2 1/2 hours, which is pretty exhausting at times; some editing was definitely needed. Overall though, I enjoyed it. Rating- *** out of ****
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I just watched The Star Wars Holiday Special for the third year in a row. It's so damn bad it circles back around to being awesome. Now I want an action figure pack with Ackmena, Bom Vimdin, Arleil Schous, and Banniss Keeg, but alas, it's not to be.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

"Inglourious Basterds." Two out of 5 stars. Would've been worse if not for the actor playing Colonel Landa. A colossal bore overall, more of Quentin showing off again, which is getting very old. Even my usual copious amount of willingness to suspend disbelief couldn't save this one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    "Inglourious Basterds." Two out of 5 stars. Would've been worse if not for the actor playing Colonel Landa. A colossal bore overall, more of Quentin showing off again, which is getting very old. Even my usual copious amount of willingness to suspend disbelief couldn't save this one for me.
    First bad review I've heard.
    I for one, absolutely loved the movie. I thought it was easily Tarantino's best film to date.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watched Dances With Wolves.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I saw Yojimbo tonight. It was pretty good, but it seemed to drag a bit in the middle, not unlike its remake, Fistful of Dollars.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    First bad review I've heard.
    I for one, absolutely loved the movie. I thought it was easily Tarantino's best film to date.
    I saw Inglourious Basterds on Friday night and I have to say that I agree with Rocketboy. My favorite Tarantino film to date.

Although I wish they had done something different with Hitler at the end. I'm not sure if any of this was based on true accounts, but the end totally turned it into a work of fiction.

My favorite part was when the British officer blew his cover by displaying the English hand-sign for 3 and not the German 3. I've heard stories about stuff like that. One way that Germans used to reveal American spies would be to feed them a steak dinner. If they cut the meat, set the knife down and then placed their fork in the "knife hand" before eating the piece of meat, then the Germans would know that they were Americans. Germans didn't switch "fork hands" in between cutting and eating pieces of meat.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I don't change hands either. I hold my knife in my left and my fork in my right. I'm right handed, too.

I am of Austrian-German descent though, but American by many, many generations.

Anyway, I watched Geronimo the other night.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.