Page 273 of 431 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4307
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I agree, and yes, Anton Yelchin played both characters. He is also scheduled to reprise his role for the new Star Trek film.
    In the next movie, Captain Kirk orders the Enterprise to exceed Warp 7 and Scotty calls up to the bridge "Cap'n, I kanna make her go any fasser!"

Suddenly Chekov leaps out of his chair (next to Sulu who's busy smoking marajuana), and leads the Human Resistance against Kirk, sure he's been taken over by NOMAD or V'GER.

What IF Yelcin gets his movies mixed up?

Meanwhile, Yelchin could begin to follow Christian Bale's footsteps in becoming the big time star of the next decade:

Christian Bale:

• Batman
    • John Conner

Anton Yelchin:

• Pavell Chekov
    • Kyle Reese

Previous Decade - Harrison Ford:

• Han Solo
    • Indiana Jones
    • Jack Ryan

This doesn't include several of these actors lesser known roles like Dekker from Blade Runner, for Harrison Ford. Or Bale's great performance in 3:10 to Yuma, or American Psycho.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Anton Yelchin did a good Russian accent in Star Trek. I thought it was funny when he tried to log in on the Enterprise computer.

He was a good pick for Chekov. Being born in St. Petersburg Russia helps if you're going to pick a Russian.

I'd seen Star Trek thrice. Two times in the theatre, and rented it recently so I could slow down some of the space scenes and get a good long look at the Enterprise, Kelvin and the other ships.

Rented Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Crixmix eve. Meh... but there was nothing else on the Red Box I hadn't seen.

I watched Young Guns II.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I watched both District 9 and Terminator: Salvation today. Both really good movies.

District 9 is the most original and possibly the most realistic "alien encounter" movie that I have ever seen. One of those movies that is almost impossible to predict what's going to happen next. I'm definitely looking forward to a sequel.

Terminator: Salvation is probably my favorite Terminator film since the first one. What I liked best about it is that it's really a better sequel to the 1984 film than T2 was. Even to the point that you can completely ignore T2 and T3 and this movie still fits perfectly in the storyline.
    Here here. I really like how Reese's monologue from T1 is explained visually this go around. If anything this is one of those rare occurances where I think the film could have benefited from being maybe 15 minutes longer. I really wanted to see more growth in the terminator character. The harvester droids were very cool. And there is one terminator that makes Transformers Devastator look like a complete wuss.

----

What I've been watching is the blu ray edition of the Clone Wars Season 1. Oh my god the visuals are absolutely gorgeous. In other threads I have in the past come out strongly against this retcon of Anakins journey, but man when I can see all the intricate carvings on Plo Koons breathing apparatus, and actually see the wood grain of the characters, and the sound (holy cow!) - very cool set.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    What I've been watching is the blu ray edition of the Clone Wars Season 1. Oh my god the visuals are absolutely gorgeous. In other threads I have in the past come out strongly against this retcon of Anakins journey, but man when I can see all the intricate carvings on Plo Koons breathing apparatus, and actually see the wood grain of the characters, and the sound (holy cow!) - very cool set.
    That's good to hear, seeing as how I bought the set for my daughter and will likely watch it myself.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    Here here. I really like how Reese's monologue from T1 is explained visually this go around. If anything this is one of those rare occurances where I think the film could have benefited from being maybe 15 minutes longer. I really wanted to see more growth in the terminator character.
    The Terminator character was actually Marcus Wright. I think you got that, but like in Terminator 2, he was disguised pretty well for a good part of the movie.

In Terminator 2, we all were assuming Arnold was playing "the bad guy" even after the T-1000 first made his appearance as a cop and was so completely disguised, he was even friendly: "Thank you for your cooperation."

In Terminator 4, the previews gave it away that Marcus would be a good guy (but with a chance of betrayal), however, I didn't expect him to be the Terminator the story would focus on. It took me a while to accept that.

Anyway, I thought Marcus' character was very well-developed - perhaps moreso than either of Arnold's previous characters, since Marcus had a human personality with real wants versus Arnold in T3: "Desire is irrelevant!"

Anyway, I watched Unforgiven.

I watched Wyatt Earp.

I thoroughly enjoyed Inglorious Basterds (that's how the movie spells it) last night. I'm really surprised how much other people hated it on some other forums. Like too much dialogue and not enough action.
    That's what Tarantino does in most of his movies though. It was as good as if not better than other films he's done.

I enjoyed the new Tarantino flick.

I watched the X-Mex movies the other day and have been watching Season 2 of TSCC. I will probably cry when it's over as I fully realize that this awesome show will not be back for another season.
    May the force be with you.